EMCO PC TURN 55 controlled by arduino

hi everyone,

I have an old Emco pc turn 55 without a software and control keyboard.This machine only work with WINDOWS 98… So I want to control this machine by arduino with the current operating system but i’m new on that . So i jump here in the hope to have a help about that realisation.

Thanks advance for.

EVE89

eve89:
hi everyone,,

I have an old Emco pc turn 55 without a software and control keyboard.This machine only work with WINDOWS 98... So I want to control this machine by arduino with the current operating system but i'm new on that . So i jump here in the hope to have a help about that realisation.

Thanks advance for.

EVE89

That's a lot of hope with no information. We cannot see what you have or read the documentation, or even read your mind to understand what control you want.

I have an Emco Maximat 7, by the way.

Paul

edit: Forgot I also have an Emco milling machine that runs on Win 98. Almost never use.

How does the Windows 98 PC control the lathe?

How is it connected to the lathe?

What commands does it send to the lathe? Does it use GCode?

If there is a serial interface with the lathe it should be possible to link up with an Arduino. However if it is only a USB connection a Raspberry Pi might be a better option.

...R

It looks like it is closed software.
They sell the software, and I cannot find API documentation on their website.

There are quite a number of Google hits that involve LinuxCNC and an EmCo turn 55.

...R

Robin2:
There are quite a number of Google hits that involve LinuxCNC and an EmCo turn 55.

...R

Then maybe he should install Linux and LinuxCNC.

Someone cracked the code, because I cannot find any documentation on the software itself.

Sounds like it needs something more powerful than the Arduino.

Robin2:
How does the Windows 98 PC control the lathe?

How is it connected to the lathe?

What commands does it send to the lathe? Does it use GCode?

If there is a serial interface with the lathe it should be possible to link up with an Arduino. However if it is only a USB connection a Raspberry Pi might be a better option.

...R

The machine connected to lathe by serial interface and it uses mainly Gcode. Mostly the Emco use sinumerik as a contorl keyboard ,this sinumarik has its proper card wich use RS422.
The maccine has two stepper motor BERGER LAHR MOTOR 564 it'meas 5 phases motor.

This sinumerik is able to control an automatic tool turret .

I believe you can get an RS422 adapter for an Arduino.

You can't expect us to know what "sinumerik" means.

The fact that it uses 5-phase motors is irrelevant if the instructions are sent in GCode.

...R