ENC28J60 + Ethershield + nanode as Ethernet sniffer

Hi,

I would like to know, if any one has made a Ethernet sniffer using a nanode with ethershield + enc28j60?

Any suggestion and related materials are welcome!

I have tried the basic functions of ethershield (with enc28j60). Looks the library is very nice!!

Regards,
Marcus

the shield only support 4 simultaneous connection and at ridiculous speed (compared to ADSL)

marcuschan:
Hi,

I would like to know, if any one has made a Ethernet sniffer using a nanode with ethershield + enc28j60?

Any suggestion and related materials are welcome!

I have tried the basic functions of ethershield (with enc28j60). Looks the library is very nice!!

Hello, Marcus,
I'm creating an Arduino library that is compatible with standard Ethernet library but supports the Microchip ENC28J60 Ethernet controller.
For more info, see:

alvarojusten:
Hello, Marcus,
I'm creating an Arduino library that is compatible with standard Ethernet library but supports the Microchip ENC28J60 Ethernet controller.

Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for your replay and I have checked your ethernet library.
I cant use your library since I am NOT using the standard arduino ethernet shield.
I am using nanode. A arduino board with with enc28j60 on the board.
Looks the SPI settings are NOT the same.
Any idea to run your library on nanode?
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Nanode

Regards, Marcus

marcuschan:
I cant use your library since I am NOT using the standard arduino ethernet shield.
I am using nanode. A arduino board with with enc28j60 on the board.
Looks the SPI settings are NOT the same.
Any idea to run your library on nanode?
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Nanode

Hello Marcus,
my library actually works only with ENC28J60 "EtherShield" - the code you'll use is the same when using standard Ethernet Shield, but my library is a new implementation on top of ENC28J60 to support the same API Wiznet W5100 has on Arduino.
So, you can use my library in nanode (I've seen some examples where people use EtherShield library with nanode and it works - if it works, my library will too). Please do some tests and report bugs to me! :slight_smile: