engine with ability to block it in the absence of electric current.

Bonjour,

Je chercherais a contrôler avec ma carte arduino un petit morceau de 3-4 g plomb qui doit monter et descendre. Pour cela je veux utiliser un moteur qui tourne pour faire monter le poids en l’air, puis SE BLOQUE pour suspendre le poids, et enfin qui se met a tourner en sens inverse pour faire redescendre le poids. Pouvez vous m’éclairer sur le type de moteur ? Je voudrais trouver un moteur entre 4 et 9 V qui a la capacité de se bloquer en l’absence de courant électrique.

Ps: je cherche un moteur le plus petit possible

Hello,

I would look to control with my Arduino board a small piece of 3-4 g of lead that must go up and down. For this I want to use a motor that rotates to raise the weight in the air, then STALLS to suspend the weight, and finally that starts to rotate in the opposite direction down to the weight. Can you enlighten me on this type of engine? I would like to find an engine Which has the ability to block it in the absence of electric current.

Ps: I’m looking for the smallest possible engine. Thank !

So you want to raise the weight and hold it there? Using no current to hold position means you will need some mechanical system to hold the weight in place. Stepper motors and servos use current to hold their position.

3-4g is very small though, a servo has a fair amount of holding torque even when off just from friction /magnets. A servo will most likely lift and hold that weight without issue ( depending on the servo arm length / pulley size). Or maybe a sail winch servo if you need more vertical travel.

The servo arm could also start out horizontal (0 degrees) to lift the weight, at the upper position the servo arm would be vertical (90 degrees), the weight would now be inline with servo spline and no longer be exerting torque. It would hold this position very easily. With 3-4 grams only this might not be necessary.

How high do you want to lift? and how fast? Maybe a diagram to show what you want would help.

A stepper motor driving a screw to lift the weight will hold it’s position in the absence of power. Your controller will have to remember the position for restarting.

Russell.

For a very small weight like that I think the internal friction of a continuous rotation servo would be sufficient to hold it stationary - assuming the extent of motion of a regular servo is insufficient.

If you want a simple system that will hold a weight indefinitely without using power then you need a motor with a worm gear drive.

...R