English and Greek UTF8 differences

I have defined the same char array with english and greek characters.

char myText[]="???? ?????? ??????????????!!!1234567890";
//  char myText[]="HTIA HTIAAA LOULOUDIASMENH!!!1234567890";

When i print the lenght of the char array the first one that has greek UTF8 characters has lenght of 63 characters but the second has 39. Why does this happend? Who can i fix this or the proper question is how to syntax greek unicode greek character so the program understand them correctly?

The lenght is greater because those characters uses multiple bytes

Try: Open the file idesettings.txt in C:\Users<you>\AppData\Roaming\Arduino, search for value preproc.substitute_unicode and set it to false, save, close, and restart IDE. This solved a problem for me, but not sure it will help in your case (I don’t know what you want to do).

well i use eclipse.I tried what you said but it wasn't the sollution.
I send the char array to a led matrix and i message does not display on screen as it does when the chars are english.It seems that greek characters or non-ASCII characters are bigger than one byte.

I have a switch function that check the characters and returns an appropriate byte array for each letter.I have setted the defaulof the switch to the character !
So instead of getting HTIA HTIA i get !H!T!I!A!. So my switch understands the greek character as more than 1 byte and returns first the default case witch is !and then the correct character.
Also when i try to print the text i get error on the serial monitor(the characters does not display correctly.

kyrpav:
I have a switch function that check the characters and returns an appropriate byte array for each letter.

What function?

Read this before posting a programming question