Enqury about uploading

Hello Everyone,,

I'm a new Ardunio user..

I have 2 Arduino and I would like to make a serial connection between them
by using TX and RX ports

In addition, I would to authentication this communication between them by using SHA265 (Crypto Library )

if you have any good resources, please help me with it.

My Enquiry is After I upload the sender and receiver code. then I upload anything else.
is it erasing the previous configuration?

I mean should I put all configurations that I need together in one file and upload once?

Yes, every new upload replaces the old one.

1 Like

Note that on Uno, Nano, (Pro)Mini and Mega, RX/TX are also used for uploads. So if you connect those Arduinos together via RX/TX, you loose the ability to upload. Implied is that you disconnect before you upload. You can either use another board with a free serial port (Mega, Leonardo, ...) or use SoftwareSerial.

Your topic has been moved to a more suitable location on the forum. Installation and Troubleshooting is not for problems with (nor for advise on) your project :wink: See About the Installation & Troubleshooting category.

1 Like

I suspect the term "Installation and Troubleshooting" - and specifically the latter - is the problem with the title. People after all, want to "troubleshoot" their project so of course they go to that section. :roll_eyes:

Should probably be renamed to "Installing and using the Arduino Environment". :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Well in this case I would say that this is the right section for the problem. It was a question about the system itself, it had nothing to do with the OP’s project because he would have got the same results what ever the project.

thanks and sorry to interrupting you

Why? We're here to try to help you.

1 Like

If he is - as it appears - asking whether uploading a new sketch erases the old one, you could just as well argue it belongs in "Programming Questions". :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think "Project Guidance" is quite appropriate. :grin:

No that is not how I read things, programming is about writing code. What the OP was asking about was a systems matter.

@saifaljuhayni see how hard it is for us old timers to agree, I do sympathise with a new member having to choose. While I do have the trust level to change the forum section of a post I chooses not to do so.

@Grumpy_Mike , @Paul_B

This was my motivation to move it to Project Guidance.

It's a bit difficult if there are two questions in one topic. Maybe I should have left it in Installation and Troubleshooting based on topic title.