Enroll Finger print creates issues; Adafruit Library

1. I am using Uno, finger print module & Adafruit library.

2. With using all the library all the function works ok, like delete, scan but i have some issues in Enroll function.

3. Enroll function is below, it is same, except some minor changes & I had a small key_read function, in case user wants to exit. key_read is small non-blocking function, read a variable only, which get set/reset in ISR only, so minimal code there.

4. Problem is :
    a) When first scan is done, it is ok.
    b) next it ask for remove finger & place again.
    c) now doing that & place finger again, code many times gives finger mismatch.
    d) 9 out of 10 times it is giving mismatch . Although I am doing the same way every-time.

5. Same happens if I use En-roll example from Adafruit also.

6. What could be the error?

7. One possible error I think in Adafruit library there is variable "confidence", which check the matching level of both. Might be it is set to very high value, but in library I didn't find where to set it low.

code is here: http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/enroll-finger-print-creates-issues-adafruit-library

Vindhyachal_Takniki:
7. One possible error I think in Adafruit library there is variable "confidence", which check the matching level of both. Might be it is set to very high value, but in library I didn't find where to set it low.

Best place to ask about that is probably on the adafruit forum.

Vindhyachal_Takniki:
code is here: http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/enroll-finger-print-creates-issues-adafruit-library

I think you're supposed to post your code here, not link to it.

Vindhyachal_Takniki:
3. Enroll function is below, it is same, except some minor changes & I had a small key_read function, in case user wants to exit. key_read is small non-blocking function, read a variable only, which get set/reset in ISR only, so minimal code there.

Does the example code work without the 'minor changes'?

1. Same issues in both, fingerprint light flicker & mimatch error.

Vindhyachal_Takniki:

1. Same issues in both, fingerprint light flicker & mimatch error.

So the problem has nothing to do with your changes and your adafruit fingerprint reader is not working correctly with the example sketches of the adafruit library. I think you should return the fingerprint reader to adafruit for replacement.