Epilectic servo

Hi,
I wanted to know if I am the only one in the universe experiencing this (since google doesn’t help me out).

I have a really really basic test for Servo object and it works fine on Hitec HS-300 analog servo.
But when I hook up a brand new ES9257 things get really weird. The servo starts shaking like it has an epilectic seasure .
In fact looking closer at arduino it seems to be booting constantly.
“So the servo takes more current than USB can provide” - it thought and started feeding arduino(mega) with external power.
Taking the servo source from Vin-pin.
No change … the analog servo works and digital get the seizure.
So I checked the wall wart and it is rated 1A … surely this is enough for one servo ?

The cables on ES are not red black and yellow, but more like brown,red and orange.
I am assuming that they represent roughly the same things as the brighter ones on Hitec.

anyone ?

/*
red - plus 5v
black/brown - ground
yellow/orange - signal
*/

#include <Servo.h>

Servo myservo; // create servo object to control a servo

void setup()
{
myservo.attach(9); // attaches the servo on pin 9 to the servo object
delay(20);
myservo.write(90);
delay(2000);

}

void loop()
{

myservo.write(0);
delay(1000);
myservo.write(60);
delay(1000);

}

The ES9257 is a servo intended for the tail on a RC helicopter. Which means they need to be updated very fast.
Insteed of 50 times a second it can be 250-300 times a second depending.
Also it should only be fed 5V.
Most servos use a standard pin order.

Hi,

So are you basically saying that the timebase of Servo-object is too slow for these servos ?
I will write some code to generate a 300hz based pwm to verify that.

thanks for your idea, I'll let you know how it goes.

In the meantime if someone has actually used this or any other fast servo (I need fast servos in this application) please let me know what combinations actually worked.

petri.

Epicyclic?
Eclectic?
Ecliptic?
Ellicit?