Epoxy covered arduino

Hi for my new project i want to poor an arduino into a mold then fill it up with epoxy sow the mc is insid the epoxy

while hardning the epoxy gets hot issue nr 1
when finished epoxy won't disapate the heat from the processor

sow what is the best option money is no problem but i need power and options like a LattePanda

i don't know if arduino is the best way to go then hey??

2 be short programmable microcontroller, if possible with win10, with all features aboard withch doesn't need a col :frowning: ing fan

any suggestions??

1. epoxy hardening will not get as hard as permissible storage temperatures (150C !)
  2. The processor does not need to dissipate very much heat. And actually, epoxy is somewhat better than air at carrying the heat away. And you can buy epoxies formulated with thermally conductive fillers that are even better.

tnx just orderd 2 4 64 lattepanda from france wil show you som results

Why do you want to do that? Be sure to solder all connecting wires to the board. The epoxy will make the project water resistant, but never "water proof". Water molecules will eventually penetrate to the board. And water will wick between the copper wires and the covering insulation to get to the board.

To really make the project water proof, you need to use waterproof connectors on the housing and make all external connections through them.

Paul

I have a similar situation and I bought a cell phone inductive charging coil.

the goal is to seal the box and then, place the charging coil on the box and charge the battery inside.

Also, solid wire will not wick like stranded. I would expect that you should have some length of exposed copper before the insulation. that way the epoxy would seal to the wire and not let water wick between the wire and insulation.

peeniewallie:
when finished epoxy won't disapate the heat from the processor

sow what is the best option money is no problem but i need power and options like a LattePanda

first, figure out exactly what you need to do.
make a prototype and see how it works and how hot it might get.
I have heard that the new ESP32, dual core can get much hotter than an Arduino. no experience yet.
consider putting your sensors in one place and your heavy iron (microprocessor) in a separate place. use a screw cover, gasketed enclosure for your micro, and seal your environmental bits in expoxy.

peeniewallie:
any suggestions??

Yes, one simple one, you have described what you think are solutions to your problem, but not what the problem is.

Did you already try that? I want to do the same thing because I need a very slim waterproof casing.
Thanx

I believe there are coatings that can be painted on to seal boards and such, see what searching for conformal coating gets you. A person I knew some years back had environmental problem with their boards and they coated the boards with some thick flexible goo and they said end of issue