equalizer 8 channel with arduino uno

hi all, I’m trying to make a project 8-channel equalizer with Arduino Uno uses sound detection sensor module.
with 3 filters (low, midd, high) in labview
then display it in labview(National instrument)

I use the code in attachment

many flaws in this program
from the start I have not been able to determine sapling rate
and what are the different frequency settings that can pass through the LED
also how mebagi frequency channel on arduino.

if anyone can guide and help my role in doing this project? :slightly_frowning_face:
I am very grateful if you would help me :wink:

equalizer.ino (11.5 KB)

hi all, I'm trying to make a project 8-channel equalizer with Arduino Uno uses sound detection sensor module. with 3 filters (low, midd, high) in labview then display it in labview(National instrument)

Are you making an equalizer or analyzer? Or, both? An equalizer needs analog outputs. Is LabVIEW just for the display, or is it doing some of the "work"?

Sorry, I'm not a good-enough programmer to analyze your code, and I'm too lazy too... :P And, I've never used LabVIEW. Maybe someone else can give you some better help...

Where's the digital audio data coming from? Do you have an external analog-to-digital converter?

If you don't know what the sample rate is, and if you are not setting it in your program, we certainly don't know. You'd normally set it in software but if you are using an external ADC with it's own clock, you might have to sync to that. But, you do have to know before you can do any DSP related to signal frequency, such as low, mid, high, filtering.

I don't see any references to FFT or filters, so how are you doing your frequency analysis? Is that done in LabVIEW?

I see a lot of things in your code that you are doing over-and-over with different variables or different variable values. That means you should be using loops. In addition to the main loop, you can use for-loops, while() loops, and do-while loops.

And as a general recommendation, I'd suggest starting with one channel and one frequency band. In fact, before that you should work-on passing the audio straight-through with no processing. There's no point in trying to do DSP before you can get audio data int and out-of your Arduino!

and what are the different frequency settings that can pass through the LED

I don't get what you are doing with the LED, but maybe that's because I'm not a good enough programmer. And, maybe because you didn't show a schematic... Is it one LED or a 7-segment display or something.

What do you mean by "pass through" the LED?

also how mebagi frequency channel on arduino.

What's mebagi?

...This all depends on the sample rate and the amount of "processing" you are doing, but I don't think the Arduino has enough processing power for 8 channels of "CD quality" DSP.