ER avr-objcopy: there are no sections to be copied

I'm trying to compile the blink example, and no matter what I try, I get the error message: avr-objcopy: there are no sections to be copied! (With the 328 board selected, I can't even get that far). I'm using version 0017 under linux, with kernel 2.6.26.8-57.fc8, and avr-gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 . Frustrating to say the least. What am I missing? Thanks. --Al

Which distribution are you using? You might need to upgrade to a newer version of avr-gcc (e.g. 4.3.2 or 4.3.3).

Hi,

You might need to upgrade to a newer version of avr-gcc (e.g. 4.3.2 or 4.3.3).

Make that: You have to upgrade to a newer version of avr-gcc (e.g. 4.3.2 or 4.3.3). Eberhard

Looks like avr-gcc 4.1.2 is the latest one available for my distribution (Fedora 4.1.2-5.fc8). Shall I cross Arduino off my list of development platforms?

Looks like avr-gcc 4.1.2 is the latest one available for my distribution (Fedora 4.1.2-5.fc8).

Sorry I don't even know how fedora release number work, but I think they released fc12 already :-?

Maybe its time to upgrade your Linux-version.... I don't think you'll find an alternative Linux avr-gcc-compiler for fc8

Eberhard