Erratic Mega Output when connected to USB cable

Hi,

Removing the possibility of faulty outlet or charger wiring.

Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

I apologize for not continuing the thread in some time. The robot is being modified and I have not been able to run any more tests. The modification was supposed to take 2 weeks, Monday will be week 10. As soon as I'm able to run the motors again, I'll be back. Obviously I should have replied earlier; I kept on expected the changes to be made earlier.

John-

Sorry for the very late update. After making several changes, I no longer have the problem.
It seems that electronic noise from the motor interfered with the RC receiver, sending out
nonsense pulselengths. Since these were outside the limits I used to decide on the motor
speed, the situation was erratic. I was also having issues with the RC control code interfering
with interrupts for the motor encoders. My solution was to use a different micro (NanoEvery)
for RC control and the Mega for everything else. I may be migrating the Mega code over to a
Teensy 4.0.

Thanks to all,
John-

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.