Error "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding" On ATMega328P

Hello all,

I am trying to upload a sketch on a ATMega328P (TQFP package) as an Arduino Standalone.
My ATMega328P was first used on a Arduino Uno, and it worked well, I could upload all the sketches I wanted.
Now, following this tutorial : Breadboard Arduinos and Sparkfun’s FTDI Basic Breakout – perhof. I aim to used the ATMega328P as an Arduino Standalone.

Unfortunately, when i try to upload a sketch using the "FTDI Basic" from sparkfun i get this famour error : "avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x00"

For information I am working at 3.3V with a 8MHz external oscillator. My board looks like the one on the tutorial but without capacitors around the Oscillator and with a led and a resistor pinned to D2.

Here is the basic sketch I am trying to upload :

const int LED=2;

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once

pinMode(LED, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {

digitalWrite(LED,HIGH); // met la broche au niveau haut (5V) – allume la LED

delay(500); // pause de 500 millisecondes (ms)

digitalWrite(LED,LOW); // met la broche au niveau bas (0V) – éteint la LED

delay(500); // pause de 500ms

}

I tried to change the Board type several times but not one seems to work.

I also spent some times looking on the forum and Internet to find an answer, because i find out that this problem is known but unfortunately the common answers don't seems to work for me.

Did anyone already did that and figured out the answer ? Or do you have an idea that might help ?

Thanks for reading and for the help in advance !

(deleted)

No, I didn't thought it was necessary since I used the chips on an Arduino Uno before.

So I should burned the bootloader to the chips even if they worked on the Arduino Uno before ?

Then which type of board should I select to use the ATMega328P at 3.3V/8MHz ? I thought of "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini" then select ATMega328P 3.3V/8MHz.

Thanks for your answer.