ERROR CODE ..."CRC doesn't match" ?

I am trying to install the TH02 sensor library from the library manager. I get the error message:
CRC doesn't match file is corrupted. I cannot find any references to CRC or the meaning of this error.
please help.

For informed help, please read and follow the directions in the "How to use this forum" post.

Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) codes are used to validate data. The error message means that the CRC calculated from the data does not match the given CRC.

OK.. thanks. Can I get that in English? I have no idea what you told me. Question: Why is this a problem when the library is from Arduino?

Maybe upload your code, and all the lines in the error description. The guru guys round here get a bit frustrated when you don't follow the protocol :slight_smile:
Sounds like the file on disk that contains the library code maybe corrupted. Try updating the Library file, or delete it and download it again. Showing all the error text would be helpful.

Steve

RJMaestro:
Can I get that in English? I have no idea what you told me.

It was in English.

OK.. thanks. Can I get that in English? I have no idea what you told me.

As a budding computer enthusiast, you should be aware that it is possible to look up a topic up on the web, and educate yourself.

But perhaps this link will help: Cyclic redundancy check - Wikipedia

To use this forum effectively, first read the "How to use this forum" post.

The error message means that upon download, the manager checked the data downloaded and determined it was corrupted.

I guess one thing you can do is install manually. Search for the library on the manager, but instead of clicking "install", click "more info", it will take you to the Github page for the library (GitHub - Seeed-Studio/Grove_Temper_Humidity_TH02: Grove_Temper_Humidity based on TH02 if I'm not mistaken).

Once there, look for the "Releases" link at the top and download the zip. You would then extract and copy the files to a new folder in your arduino libraries folder, whose location depends on the OS you're using, but it's "HOME"\arduino\libraries. "HOME" is the part that will vary.

thank s to all. I will follow through

What is the full and exact name of the library in Library Manager?

jremington:
For informed help, please read and follow the directions in the "How to use this forum" post.

Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) codes are used to validate data. The error message means that the CRC calculated from the data does not match the given CRC.

jesus christ... can a mod please moderate such toxic comments? Obviously we know what a CRC means... We're interested in understanding why our compiler returns this message.

I'm looking for the answer for a similar issue and all google spits out are archived forum posts with this kind of pendantic rubbish.

Please think of posteriority... delete threads with toxic replies.

https://github.com/arduino/Arduino/issues/3206

Libraries get downloaded directly from github releases. I see only two possible reasons for the CRC check to fail: either some of these libs (and their tags) were force pushed or github changed way of generating the zip files.
We fail in both cases because they are happening outside of us. I fear the only solution is to regenerate the whole list from scratch.

–from ffissore, the github contributor

As a possible fix: I noticed that my Arduino IDE was a much older version. I reinstalled my IDE and the CRC matched.

I'm looking for the answer for a similar issue and all google spits out are archived forum posts with this kind of pendantic rubbish.

Please read and follow the instructions in the "How to use this forum", before posting.

Here is an idea: if you want something to slobber all over you, get a dog.

Google took me here, but this thread didn't help.

Here's what did it for me - to help others googling this problem:

My Arduino IDE is up-to-date and first I tried to reinstall, but it didn't remedy the problem.

But deleting the following (hidden) folders in my users directory after uninstalling Arduino IDE and before reinstalling it, solved the problem:
\Users[users-name]\AppData\Local\temp\arduino_cache_xxxx
\Users[users-name]\AppData\Local\temp\arduino_build_xxxx
\Users[users-name]\AppData\Local\Arduino15\

It might be enough to delete the first of the folders even without uninstalling the IDE...
Please write your experiences back to this thread if you experiment with the above, thanks

Hopefully I added some meat to this thread without being snarky! -or talk off topic about dogs :wink:

You only need to delete the third folder. The other two are only used for compilation of the sketch, not installation of hardware packages.