error compiling an sla 3d printer code

hello all, i have an issue compiling my code on the atmega

i get this error:

Arduino: 1.6.12 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\3d\Arduino\250mm_ball_spindle\250mm_ball_spindle.ino:152:27: fatal error: Configuration.h: No such file or directory

include "Configuration.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

while searching about this issue, i notice some have same issue as i have, because the Arduino IDE is higher then 1.6.3 how should i fix it ?

the file downloaded from https://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-high-resolution-3D-DLP-printer-3D-printer/

im useing the Arduino IDE 1.6.12

thanks for all who help !

how should i fix it ?

Do you have a file named Configuration.h on your PC and if so, where is it located ?

yes, its in the file directory that i downloaded and unzip: C:\Users\3d\Arduino\250mm_ball_spindle

Try putting Configuration.h in the same folder as your sketch

the sketch is the *.ino right ? the ino file is with the configuration.h file.

configuration.h

Is it spelt [u]exactly[/u] like that ?

I believe the problem is that you're using an outdated version of the Arduino IDE, from before sketch names starting with a number were supported. Please update to Arduino IDE 1.8.8 and try again. You can download it here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

UKHeliBob: Is it spelt [u]exactly[/u] like that ?

its how the file came i think it written ok but i will check.

pert: I believe the problem is that you're using an outdated version of the Arduino IDE, from before sketch names starting with a number were supported. Please update to Arduino IDE 1.8.8 and try again. You can download it here: http://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

im downloading now hope that this will fix the issue. but this file should be very old, i guess it worked in the past.

@pert yes it worked, but now i got a different issue, a wired one:

i get this error massage:

In file included from C:\Users\3d\Arduino\250mm_ball_spindle\250mm_ball_spindle.ino:153:0:

sketch\pins.h:430:0: warning: "MOTHERBOARD" redefined

define MOTHERBOARD 3

^

In file included from C:\Users\3d\Arduino\250mm_ball_spindle\250mm_ball_spindle.ino:152:0:

sketch\Configuration.h:20:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

define MOTHERBOARD 33

^

and if you look in pins.h its writen:

if MOTHERBOARD == 33

define MOTHERBOARD 3

define RAMPS_V_1_3

endif

if MOTHERBOARD == 3

define KNOWN_BOARD 1

//////////////////FIX THIS//////////////

ifndef AVR_ATmega1280

ifndef AVR_ATmega2560

error Oops! Make sure you have 'Arduino Mega' selected from the 'Tools -> Boards' menu.

endif

endif

so i do not understand why it didn't choose the correct pins.

You need to understand the difference between warnings and errors. A warning is the compiler telling you there is something in the code that could possibly cause a problem but doesn't cause the compilation to fail. An error is a problem with the code that causes compilation to fail. In this case you have posted a warning not an error.

From the code, it seems very clear that this warning doesn't represent a bug. The author of the code could have easily written it so that this warning wouldn't have been produced but unfortunately they weren't that considerate.

i knew its a warning and not an error, but when trying to upload it i get this timeouts:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

In file included from C:\Users\shmulik\Documents\Arduino\250mm_ball_spindle\250mm_ball_spindle.ino:153:0:

sketch\pins.h:430:0: warning: “MOTHERBOARD” redefined

#define MOTHERBOARD 3

^

In file included from C:\Users\shmulik\Documents\Arduino\250mm_ball_spindle\250mm_ball_spindle.ino:152:0:

sketch\Configuration.h:20:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define MOTHERBOARD 33

^

Sketch uses 46316 bytes (18%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 3499 bytes (42%) of dynamic memory, leaving 4693 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

so i fought maybe this warning are showing what is wrong in the upload.

shmuel_mauda: i knew its a warning and not an error

If you know it's not an error, then don't call it an error:

shmuel_mauda: i get this error massage:

shmuel_mauda: but when trying to upload it i get this timeouts:

The warning has absolutely nothing to do with the timeout.

Make sure you have selected the port of your Arduino board from the Tools > Port menu. Sometimes the port will be labeled with the board name in the menu. Other times it will not. If you don’t know which port is your Arduino, you can find it like this:

• Unplug your Arduino board from the computer.
  • Tools > Port
  • Note the ports, if any, listed in the menu.
  • Close the Tools menu
  • Plug your Arduino board into the computer.
  • Tools > Port - The new port listed in the menu is your Arduino board.

If the Tools > Port menu is grayed or the port of your Arduino does not appear on the menu:

• Make sure your USB cable is fully inserted into the Arduino board and the computer.
  • You may need to install the driver for the USB-serial chip on your Arduino.
  • You may be using a charge-only or defective USB cable. Try a different cable or test your cable on another device to confirm that it works for data.
  • Using a USB 3.0 port on your computer may cause problems. Try a USB 2.0 port.

Remove any connections to pins 0 and 1. These pins are used for communication with your computer, including uploads. Connecting anything to these pins can interfere with uploads.

@pert

yes it was correct, it was the COM, i changed it at the start but forgot to do it again after i reopen the project.

thank you very much !

You’re welcome. I’m glad to hear it’s working now. Enjoy!
Per