Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino uno

Hi

I'm trying to get my Arduino RFID-RC522 scanner to work, but every time I go to verify it and upload it, it comes up with an error message saying:

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno
/Volumes/students/1_Technology_VisualArts_2017/02_iSTEM_Harrison/Student Folders/Madi and Sarah/Sarah/Testing_RFID/Testing_RFID.ino:11:21: fatal error: RFID.h: No such file or directory
#include <RFID.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm trying to get it working for my technology class assignment, but my teacher doesn't know how to fix it either.

Hi

I'm trying to get my Arduino RFID-RC522 scanner to work, but every time I go to verify it and upload it, it comes up with an error message saying:

Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno
/Volumes/students/1_Technology_VisualArts_2017/02_iSTEM_Harrison/Student Folders/Madi and Sarah/Sarah/Testing_RFID/Testing_RFID.ino:11:21: fatal error: RFID.h: No such file or directory
#include <RFID.h>
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

My code is:
/*

• Read a card using a mfrc522 reader on your SPI interface
  • Pin layout should be as follows (on Arduino Uno):
  • MOSI: Pin 11 / ICSP-4
  • MISO: Pin 12 / ICSP-1
  • SCK: Pin 13 / ISCP-3
  • SS: Pin 10
  • RST: Pin 5
    */
    #include <SPI.h>
    #include <RFID.h>
    #define SS_PIN 10
    #define RST_PIN 5
    RFID rfid(SS_PIN,RST_PIN);
    int serNum[5];
    void setup(){
    Serial.begin(9600);
    SPI.begin();
    rfid.init();
    }
    void loop(){
    if(rfid.isCard()){
    if(rfid.readCardSerial()) {
    Serial.print(rfid.serNum[0],DEC);
    Serial.print(" ");
    Serial.print(rfid.serNum[1],DEC);
    Serial.print(" ");
    Serial.print(rfid.serNum[2],DEC);
    Serial.print(" ");
    Serial.print(rfid.serNum[3],DEC);
    Serial.print(" ");
    Serial.print(rfid.serNum[4],DEC);
    Serial.println("");
    }
    }
    rfid.halt();
    }

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm trying to get it working for my technology class assignment, but my teacher doesn't know how to fix it either.

Your program attempted to include the RFID library. Do you actually have the RFID library? Where? Have you installed the RFID library?

sarah25155:
#include <RFID.h>
^

That error usually means that you are trying to use a third-party library that is either not installed or not installed correctly.
Try Sketch->Include Library->Manage Libraries... and search (filter) for "RFID"

Threads merged.