Error compiling for board arduino?

I am currently working on this project
https://openhomeautomation.net/bluetooth-heart-rate-sensor-arduino
I downloaded the zip code from github, and the first code runs fine. However whenever I try the second one, the aREST one, it says error compiling for board. Is there something wrong with the code, or is there something wrong with the hardware configuration? I am very new to programming, so any help is appreciated.

nikobeast:
it says error compiling for board.

I'm sure it says much more than that. Did you even bother looking at the full error output in the black console window at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window? You will probably need to scroll up to see it all. Start from the first error from the top of the output. It will show the line number of the code where the error occurred. If you don't understand the error message you can google it for a ton of information. You'll need to use your search skills to determine how much of the error to search for to get relevant results and also to evaluate the quality of the information provided.

Is there something wrong with the code,

Please copy it from the IDE on your PC post it here so we can see it what you see

or is there something wrong with the hardware configuration?

Please post a circuit diagram. A photograph of a hand drawn drawing is OK

It says #include <aREST.h>

nikobeast:

No, it says much more than that. Did you google the error like I told you to?

nikobeast:

Do you have a file named aREST.h on your PC and if so, where ?

Here is the hardware configuration

IMG_5854.JPG

nikobeast:
Here is the hardware configuration

28b90b528f9761b734dd5e935218e89db2df06ab.jpg
WOW, you really aren’t even trying are you. If this is the best you can do then just give up on Arduino now because you have no hope. Maybe Pokemon is more suited to your skills?

pert:
No, it says much more than that. Did you google the error like I told you to?

yes, but i can’t understand half of what pops up, also the entire message is:

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

C:\Users\Wicke\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_bluetooth-pulse-rate-sensor-master (3).zip\bluetooth-pulse-rate-sensor-master\pulse_sensor_bluetooth\pulse_sensor_bluetooth.ino:2:19: fatal error: aREST.h: No such file or directory

#include <aREST.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

UKHeliBob:
Do you have a file named aREST.h on your PC and if so, where ?

pert:
28b90b528f9761b734dd5e935218e89db2df06ab.jpg
WOW, you really aren’t even trying are you. If this is the best you can do then just give up on Arduino now because you have no hope. Maybe Pokemon is more suited to your skills?

I’m sorry, I thought this was a place where I could go to share ideas and post questions without being ridiculed. I don’t need your negativity nor your condescension. I am simply trying to learn.

: No such file or directory = you didn't instal this to your library or installed it incorrectly

nikobeast:
the entire message is:

Now you're on the right track!

So if you were to Google "C:\Users\Wicke\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_bluetooth-pulse-rate-sensor-master (3).zip\bluetooth-pulse-rate-sensor-master\pulse_sensor_bluetooth\pulse_sensor_bluetooth.ino:2:19: fatal error: aREST.h: No such file or directory" you won't get any exact results because that's too specific a query.

If you google "exit status 1" or "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno." you're going to get a zillion irrelevant results because it's too general.

But try this:
https://www.google.com/search?q=arduino+"No+such+file+or+directory"

ted:
: No such file or directory = you didn't instal this to your library or installed it incorrectly

I downloaded the zip file off github, and it showed up in my downloads, so I assumed it unzipped correctly? Also the other library uploaded fine

I followed a link from the tutorial page and it led me to https://github.com/marcoschwartz/aREST
It seems as though I need to download the aREST library before I can run the program.
The only problem is I have literally no idea what to download.
I have an arduino uno and a standard ble chip

The only problem is I have literally no idea what to download.

Take the easy route and let the IDE do int for you

In the IDE open Sketch/Include Library/Manage Libraries and search for aREST

try library.json folder

ted:
try library.json folder

It's a file, not a folder and that file is only used by platformio. It has no purpose in the Arduino IDE.

or
click sketch>include library>add zip>downloads>aREST-master

I am attempting to download the aREST library from github in order to complete a project. I am using an arduino uno and I have a standard ble chip but I have no idea what to download or how to do so. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

nikobeast:
I am attempting to download the aREST library from github in order to complete a project. I am using an arduino uno and I have a standard ble chip but I have no idea what to download or how to do so. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

UKHeliBob already told you the easy way to do it:

• Sketch > Include Library > Manage libraries
  • Wait for the download to finish
  • In the "Filter your search..." box, type: "arest"
  • In the search results, click on "aREST by Marco Schwartz"
  • Click "Install"
  • Wait for the installation to finish
  • Click "Close"

For some other libraries (not aREST) you will find they are not in the Library Manager so it is useful to know how to install those too:
On the GitHub page for the library (top level), click "Clone or Download"

• Click "Download ZIP"
  • (In the Arduino IDE) Sketch > Include library > Add .ZIP library
  • Select the downloaded file
  • Click "Open"