Error compiling for board ESP8266

I am trying to compile a project where I use ESP8266 with arduino and I get the error message:
fork/exec C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\python3\3.7.2-post1/python3.exe: Το %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module
I am using |Windows XP, SP3
Can anyone help?

(deleted)

The last version of Python that supported Windows XP is Python 3.4. The ESP8266 boards platform installs and uses Python 3.7.2, thus the error.

So you have two options:

• Update your Windows to Vista or newer.
  • Download Python 3.4 and replace C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\python3\3.7.2-post1 with that installation.

I haven’t actually checked that the ESP8266 boards platform works with Python 3.4, but there is a good chance that it doesn’t require any of the features added between Python 3.4 and 3.7.

I am using arduino-1.8.9-windows.
I downloaded Python 3.4 and replaced C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\python3\3.7.2-post1 with the new installation but it still don't work.
It is still looking for python3 which doesn't exist.
Any other suggestion please?

Rename C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\python3\3.7.2-post1\python.exe to python3.exe

I renamed C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\python3\3.7.2-post1\python.exe to python3.exe as you suggested but this time I get the error:
pyserial or esptool directories not found next to this upload.py tool.

What should I do?

Il robot aspirapolvere offre pulizia potente, controllo delle app e supporto dei comandi vocali Alexa a un prezzo imbattibile. L’aspirazione è una delle faccende domestiche più odiate. Scopri di più sui dettagli dei Miglior Robot Aspirapolvere 2020 qui.

I renamed C:\Documents and Settings\Bill\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\tools\python3\3.7.2-post1\python.exe to python3.exe as you suggested but this time I get the error:
pyserial or esptool directories not found next to this upload.py tool.

Is there something else that you can suggest?