Error compiling for board LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini

Hi guys.

I’m been trying to get a P10(1R)-V706 to work with my Wemos D1 R2 for a while and I spent a LOOOOOT of time last night fixing issues with the code I downloaded online.

I thought I’d fixed everything butttttt apparently I’m still having problems. This is where I’m at now.

This is the full code I downloaded (with my changes, I’m new so I possibly made some mistakes)

// Tharindu Peiris
// Libraries
#include <SPI.h>
#include <DMD2.h>
#include <Droid_Sans_36.h> // font libaray
/*P10 led pannel pins to ESP 8266
A D0
B D6
CLK D5
SCK D3
R D7
NOE D8
GND GND
*/
int i = 0;
const uint8_t *FONT = Droid_Sans_36;
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
SPIDMD dmd(1, 2); // Number of P10 panels used X, Y // change the “SPIDMD”, this is very important to change this ESP8266 module
SPIDMD dmd1(1, 2); // Number of P10 panels used X, Y
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
DMD_TextBox box(dmd, -4, 0, 32, 16); // x, y change text posistion [ Set Box (dmd, x, y, Height, Width)]
char message = 'ABCD';
void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);

/////////////////////////////text display//////////////////////
dmd.setBrightness(10); // Set brightness 0–255
dmd.selectFont(FONT); // Font used
dmd.begin();
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
//////////////////////////drawing box border//////////////////
dmd1.setBrightness(10); // Set brightness 0–255
dmd1.selectFont(FONT); // Font used
dmd1.begin();
dmd1.drawBox(31, 31, 0, 0); //{x,y,} // drawing box bording led pannel
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
}
void loop() {
scrolling();
}
void scrolling() {
char next = 'MESSAGE';
while (next) {
dmd.clearScreen();// clear screen
if (i != 0) {
box.print(next); //print the led pannel
}
i++;
delay(800); // letters speed changing
next++;
}}

I have uploaded the other file (the one with errors) as a text document as it was too big to show here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile: Yes I’m aware so of it’s a bit messy. I honestly have no clue why it made so many damn folders in different places. I never did that…as far as I’m aware.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile: (in the errors it shows an Arduino Uno instead of my board. I tried testing with multiple board types and still the same results)

errors.txt (17.4 KB)

gingerninja85's errors:

libraries\DMD2\DMD2.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `SoftDMD::writeSPIData(unsigned char volatile**, int)':

(.text+0x0): multiple definition of `SoftDMD::writeSPIData(unsigned char volatile**, int)'

sketch\DMD2.cpp.o (symbol from plugin):(.text+0x0): first defined here

libraries\DMD2\DMD2.cpp.o (symbol from plugin): In function `SoftDMD::writeSPIData(unsigned char volatile**, int)':

and so on...

You might get this sort of error if you have the DMD2 library files in your sketch folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\LED_Panel) as well as having the library installed normally. Do you have any files other than LED_Panel.ino in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\LED_Panel?

gingerninja85:
in the errors it shows an Arduino Uno instead of my board. I tried testing with multiple board types and still the same results)

It's not clear what you mean by that. If you are using a WeMos D1 R2 then you need to select Tools > Board > LOLIN (WEMOS) D1 R2 and mini.