Error compiling with VarSpeedServo on Nano Every

Hello all. I am getting an error when trying to compile a program for a Nano Every. I do not have any trouble compiling for an Uno, or a Nano. I am getting the following:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Linux), Board: "Arduino Nano Every, ATMEGA328"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp: In function 'void TIMER1_COMPA_vect()':
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:160:31: error: 'TCNT1' was not declared in this scope
   handle_interrupts(_timer1, &TCNT1, &OCR1A);
                               ^~~~~
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:160:31: note: suggested alternative: 'TCB1'
                               ^~~~~
                               TCB1
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:160:39: error: 'OCR1A' was not declared in this scope
                                       ^~~~~
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp: In function 'void initISR(timer16_Sequence_t)':
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:206:5: error: 'TCCR1A' was not declared in this scope
     TCCR1A = 0;             // normal counting mode
     ^~~~~~
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:206:5: note: suggested alternative: 'TCB1'
     TCCR1A = 0;             // normal counting mode
     ^~~~~~
     TCB1
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:207:5: error: 'TCCR1B' was not declared in this scope
     TCCR1B = _BV(CS11);     // set prescaler of 8
     ^~~~~~
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:207:5: note: suggested alternative: 'TCB1'
     ^~~~~~
     TCB1
In file included from /home/brad/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/avr/include/avr/io.h:99:0,
                 from /home/brad/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/avr/include/avr/interrupt.h:38,
                 from /home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:71:
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:207:18: error: 'CS11' was not declared in this scope
                  ^
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:207:18: note: suggested alternative: 'B011'
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:208:5: error: 'TCNT1' was not declared in this scope
     TCNT1 = 0;              // clear the timer count
     ^~~~~
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:208:5: note: suggested alternative: 'TCB1'
     TCNT1 = 0;              // clear the timer count
     ^~~~~
     TCB1
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:214:5: error: 'TIFR1' was not declared in this scope
     TIFR1 |= _BV(OCF1A);     // clear any pending interrupts;
     ^~~~~
In file included from /home/brad/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/avr/include/avr/io.h:99:0,
                 from /home/brad/.arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/7.3.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino5/avr/include/avr/interrupt.h:38,
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:214:18: error: 'OCF1A' was not declared in this scope
     TIFR1 |= _BV(OCF1A);     // clear any pending interrupts;
                  ^
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:215:5: error: 'TIMSK1' was not declared in this scope
     TIMSK1 |=  _BV(OCIE1A) ; // enable the output compare interrupt
     ^~~~~~
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:215:5: note: suggested alternative: 'TIMERB1'
     ^~~~~~
     TIMERB1
/home/brad/Arduino/libraries/VarSpeedServo-master/VarSpeedServo.cpp:215:20: error: 'OCIE1A' was not declared in this scope
                    ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino Nano Every.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Any help is appreciated.

VarSpeedServo is not compatible with the Nano Every (or other megaavr boards). It tries to use the 16-bit timer1 present on most classic AVR parts.

While the megaavr parts do have suitable timers that could be used, the library would need to be adapted to support the timers on the megaavr parts, as they aren't the same as the ones on the classic avr parts.

Thanks DrAzzy. That's what I was afraid of. My sketch compiles just fine for the original Nano, as well as the Uno. My simplest (and fastest) solution is to buy and use an original Nano board. I spent an hour or so last night looking some of the timers in the VarSpeedServo library that are causing the errors compiling for the Nano Every; it's all way over my knowledge level at the moment.