error compiling

Oh dear, what have I done:- Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

avr-g++: error: C:\Users\Ivans\AppData\Local\Temp\build6848849592427708417.tmp\sketch_dec31a.cpp -o C:\Users\Ivans\AppData\Local\Temp\build6848849592427708417.tmp\sketch_dec31a.cpp.o: No such file or directory avr-g++: fatal error: no input files compilation terminated. Error compiling.

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" enabled in File > Preferences.

:o

I think you need to post the verbose error.

It looks like you are trying to compile a file that doesn't exist.

Most grateful for a reply.I was getting on well with Arduino after only a few days,then I started playing:o

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=158 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\Ivan's\AppData\Local\Temp\build6842803208380531409.tmp\sketch_jan01a.cpp -o C:\Users\Ivan's\AppData\Local\Temp\build6842803208380531409.tmp\sketch_jan01a.cpp.o

avr-g++: error: C:\Users\Ivans\AppData\Local\Temp\build6842803208380531409.tmp\sketch_jan01a.cpp -o C:\Users\Ivans\AppData\Local\Temp\build6842803208380531409.tmp\sketch_jan01a.cpp.o: No such file or directory avr-g++: fatal error: no input files compilation terminated. Error compiling.

Is the above any use?

Best regards,

Ivan

What happens if you compile one of the examples, like say the blink sketch?

‘error compiling’

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Uno”

C:\Users\Ivan’s\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$EXa0.284\arduino-1.5.8/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=158 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Users\Ivan’s\Arduino\arduino-1.5.8\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Users\Ivan’s\Arduino\arduino-1.5.8\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\Ivan’s\AppData\Local\Temp\build6483556276135742650.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\Ivan’s\AppData\Local\Temp\build6483556276135742650.tmp\Blink.cpp.o

arduino: fatal error: no input files
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

Just a shot from the hip which may be very wide of the mark - I notice that your user name contains a single quote - Ivan’s. Maybe this is driving the IDE up the wall. Do you have another user on your machine, or can you create one, that doesn’t have special characters in the user name and see if you still have problems when logged in with that name?

Pete

It's worth a try. I forget to say that 1.0.6. works perfectly.

Actually I now see that some of the lines without error refer to "Ivan's", the one that throws an error refers to "Ivans".

It looks like the IDE is OK with it but the compiler is having an issue hence not being able to compile.

Thanks for your time Pete. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Ivan

The above error comes when the build folder being deleted while working from temporarily file.

Just upload new program copying it to new window.

Initially delete all temporary file . Then upload ur code.

I don't know if there's an easy way around it. The easiest would be if windows allows you to change your login name. That isn't very likely because the existing name is probably stored in the registry in a large number of places in things like installed software paths. One way is to add a new user on your system and use that one for playing with Arduino. Maybe someone more familiar with Windows will have a better suggestion.

Pete

Many thanks one and all. I set up a new user and downloaded the IDE and it works!

Happy New Year folks.

Ivan

I get this error.

avr-g++: error: missing filename after '-o'

exit status 1 Error compiling.

This is the code I have done for the arduino with an XBee connected to it

include "Arduino.h"

include "XBee.h"

include "HalfHbridge.h"

//int mins, secs; void setup() { // Establishing the Serial Link Serial.begin(9600);

}

void loop() { // Passing Hello World msg every 5secs

int mins, secs; while(1){

secs++; if(secs==60){

mins++; secs=0;

}

} Serial.print("The Timer Value is - %d" + mins); Serial.println(":%d" + secs); delay(5000);

}