error compiling

Can someone help me troubleshoot this? I have had nothing but trouble this morning. I am using windows 7 and a new uno. This is the first time I have hooked this all up. At first I had problems with drivers, and I still may but it doesn't complain about com ports right now just this error.

C:\arduino-0022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: pins_arduino.c.o: No such file or directory

Thanks

Probably a corrupt / failed installation. Try redownloading and reinstalling the Arduino software.

That didn't fix it. I am going to work on this driver issue instead. I am having problems with that as well.

pins_arduino.c.o … I missed that bit. The dot-oh files are created in the %TEMP% directory during a Verify (or Upload).

Is there anything unusual about the account you are using? Is the computer perhaps a kiosk? Immediately after clicking Verify, are there any dot-oh files in the %TEMP% directory? Do you have administrator rights on the computer? Is there any change if you run the Arduino IDE as administrator?

Only thing unusual is a slimmed down version on win7. This is a brand new laptop and I am the administrator. Tried running as admin, no change. Project verifies ok, it only does this when uploading.

Huh. How very strange. I'm stumped.