Error connecting an ITead Arduino GPS shield to an Arduino Mega

Hello

I have an Arduino Mega 2560 and the ITead GPS Shield http://imall.iteadstudio.com/im120417017.html (Am I breaking some rules here?) and when I load the blink sketch

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

I tried the same Mega board with a Arduino WiFi shield and seems to work perfectly as the Mega itself. What could be wrong? Thanks!

Hello,

I believe that you should be using the same put the shield for serial communication.

Try changing the jumpers to ports 3 and 4 of shield.

tecnowancer: Hello,

I believe that you should be using the same put the shield for serial communication.

Try changing the jumpers to ports 3 and 4 of shield.

Hello,

I am having the same problem as luisc29 and I have no idea what to do. Can you explain more on your comment? I am completely new to Arduino (1st time using it) so what ports should I connect to on the Arduino Mega 2560? How should I wire the two together?

Thanks! -Frank