error detachInterrupt not finished for this cpu ????

Hi All, i'm new to this and the arduino... checked the help pages, installed three times, can't figure out how to get running, so please bear with me.

I'm running arduino 022 on suse 11.2. Got everything installed, can see the usb device (even though it's ttyACM here). Loaded Blink and got the following after "Verify" (or "Upload" for that matter):

/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:96:8: error: #error attachInterrupt not finished for this CPU (case 0)
/usr/share/arduino-0022/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:159:8: error: #error detachInterrupt not finished for this cpu

In case anyone asks: the board runs fine on a macbook and the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo says

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6600  @ 2.40GHz

Has anyone seen this before? Can you help, please? Cheers Matti

I’m still on 0021 which appears to have a different WInterrupts.cpp - check you have set the correct board setting before compiling.

Thanx MarkT,

i'm quite sure the board setting (you're talking Tools/Board, i assume) is ok ... Sooo, you're saying 0021 has a differnt Winterrups.cpp (my error says Winterrupts.c, mind you). Do you hink it's worth downloading 0021, extract the file and replace it in 0022? Haven't looked too deep, but the difference .cpp and .c worries me slightly.

Have to got to the tv now, six nations england vs france is on and should be a good one ;)

Cheers Matti

Which board do you have selected?

oops, never said... sorry!! It's a uno and brandnew too :)

Cheers Matti

The GCC-AVR toolset needs to be updated. I have no idea how to do that on Linux.

Good Morning,

thank you for the answer, but you got me confused: this is a fresh install, so what do you mean by updating the toolset? Got the software from arduino.cc, unpacked compiled and installed, like the directions say. Can you describe your idea a bit more clearly? Have you seen the error before? Do you have a suspicion where the fault may be? Don’t worry about it being linux… been there, done that and got a t-shirt (not with arduino on it, tho :wink: )

Have a nice day everyone
Matti

Hi Everyone,

so, i solved the problem, didn't find a proper explanation, rather re-installed very much like Rafa did (http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1268008565) with a few changes. The changes are needed because i'm on 0022 and using an uno rather than Rafa's 0018 with duemillenova. The zypper links on the playground point to the same locations i used, except for avr-libc, but didn't work for me. This is what i did:

I'm not really into building rpms but perhaps it would be much better having the stuff in a bundle rather than gathering it from all-over-the-place. Have to think about the differences that left the zypper-links useless for me, too, because i like the idea.

First things first tho, as ireland plays scotland in the six nations this afternoon and i don't want to miss that :)

Cheers Matti