error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin.

Hi there!

I have a Anet A8 3D printer sitting next to me, which I would really like to flash.

What I've done is download the latest arduino 1.8.5, open a config file and tried to upload. This didn't work out. The error code is: error: -fno-fat-lto-objects are supported only with linker plugin.

I've read somewhere that it only works with older versions of arduino. So I've downloaded 1.6.3. This didn't work also.

What I did then was the tip posted in this topic:

Tools > Board > Boards Manager... > Arduino AVR Boards(click on it) > select 1.6.11 from the "Select version" menu > Install
After installation completes click the "Close" button

This didn't work also...

I have been looking for the avr-gcc file to delete but I can't find in the c:/users anywhere.

Could someone give me a point in the right direction? That would be great!

error code:

(deleted)

Post a link to where you got the anet hardware package from. Please use the chain links icon on the toolbar to make the link clickable.

No, that's the firmware. I'm talking about the thing you have installed at C:\Users\Willem\Documents\Arduino\hardware\anet. It's what added Anet V1.0 to your Tools > Board menu.

(deleted)

pert:
No, that's the firmware. I'm talking about the thing you have installed at C:\Users\Willem\Documents\Arduino\hardware\anet. It's what added Anet V1.0 to your Tools > Board menu.

There is a folder in there called avr

there is also a pins_arduino.h file on one of the folders here.

Is this correct or?

spycatcher2k:
Skynet3d/howto.txt at master · pedromreis/Skynet3d · GitHub

I Think this is it!

Thanks so much for the fast response!

Where I am getting stuck is here:

4 - Add to the boards.txt the config about anet

How would I be able to do this?

(deleted)

Thanks for all the support.

I've spend a lot of hours trying to flash this board but it just doesn't work out.
All of the tutorial steps I've walked through with succes. When it comes to actually uploading the firmware, the error just keeps coming back.

I've already tried with 5 different versions of arduino (16.3, 16.5, 16.11, 16.13, 18.5), too bad that this software isn't backward compatible.

If there is anybody who can do this, please contact me. I am willing to pay for it.

Please follow all the following instructions exactly. If there is anything you don't understand then stop there and come back here and explain exactly what step you're on and what trouble you're having.

Since I don't know what you've been doing previously we're going to need to start from scratch. If there is anything you need to save in any of these folders back them up.

• Start the Arduino IDE
  • Click the link at the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 folder.
  • Delete everything in the folder, including the subfolders.
  • Delete the C:\Users\Willem\Documents\Arduino\hardware folder

Now to install the hardware package, modify the hardware package, and upload the firmware to your printer board:

• If you don't already have it installed, download and install Arduino IDE 1.8.5
  • (in the Arduino IDE) File > Preferences > Additional Boards Manager URLs > https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Lauszus/Sanguino/master/package_lauszus_sanguino_index.json > OK
  • Tools > Board > Boards Manager
  • Wait for downloads to finish
  • Click on "Arduino AVR Boards"
  • From the dropdown menu select 1.6.11
  • Click "Install"
  • Wait for installation to finish
  • Scroll down until you see "Sanguino by Kristian Sloth Lauszus" and click on it.
  • Click "Install"
  • Wait for installation to finish
  • Click "Close"
  • Click the link at the line following File > Preferences > More preferences can be edited directly in the file. This will open the Arduino15 folder.
  • Navigate to the Arduino15\packages\Sanguino\hardware\avr\1.0.2 folder
  • Open the file boards.txt in a text editor.
  • Add the following to the file:
########################################
## Anet V1 (sanguino clone)
########################################
anet.name=Anet V1.0

anet.upload.tool=arduino:avrdude
anet.upload.protocol=arduino
anet.upload.maximum_size=131072
anet.upload.speed=57600

anet.bootloader.low_fuses=0xD6
anet.bootloader.high_fuses=0xDA
anet.bootloader.extended_fuses=0xFD
anet.bootloader.path=atmega
anet.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F
anet.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F

anet.build.mcu=atmega1284p
anet.build.f_cpu=16000000L
anet.build.board=AVR_SANGUINO
anet.build.core=arduino:arduino
anet.build.variant=sanguino

###CHANGE ME###anet.bootloader.file=ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega1284p.hex
  • Save the file
  • Download https://github.com/pedromreis/Skynet3d/archive/master.zip
  • Unzip the downloaded file.
  • Restart the Arduino IDE
  • If the Arduino IDE prompts you to update to the latest version of Arduino IDE, click "Cancel"
  • File > Open
  • Select the file SkyNet3D_V1.1alfa\SkyNet3D_V1.1alfa.ino from the place where you unzipped the downloaded file
  • Plug the USB cable of your 3D printer board into your computer
  • Tools > Board > ANet V1.0
  • Tools > Port > select the COM port of your 3D printer board
  • Sketch > Upload

This is really awesome pert!!

Super understandable and clear.

It took a while because I've first installed windows 10 (from windows 7) just to exclude even more.

I've done all the steps. The uploading takes a lot longer, that looked really promising, but there is still an error.

A different one though:

In file included from sketch\SdFile.h:27:0,

from sketch\cardreader.h:8,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:44:

SdBaseFile.h:38: error: using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

struct fpos_t {

^

In file included from sketch\Marlin.h:10:0,

from sketch\Marlin_main.cpp:30:

c:\program files (x86)\arduino\hardware\tools\avr\avr\include\stdio.h:950:33: note: 'fpos_t' has a previous declaration here

extension typedef long long fpos_t;

^

exit status 1
using typedef-name 'fpos_t' after 'struct'

Any thoughts?

Thanks so far!

• Open SkyNet3D_V1.1alfa/SdBaseFile.h in a text editor.
  • Find all instances of fpos_t and change them to filepos_t.
  • Save the file.
  • Do the same with SkyNet3D_V1.1alfa/SdBaseFile.cpp.

Reference:
https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/pull/5114

pert, with your help It has now become a major succes. I would like to thank you with deep respect for helping other people out!

In the past few days I could print a preproduction prototype for my job and managed to prevent a major problem.

In the last few days it's been 24/7 printing over here. Thank you so much and I hope that this topic will help many others!

I'm very glad to hear it's working. Enjoy!
Per