Error GRBL Skitch

When I try to run the skitch to install Grbl I get this ,and I have no Idea as to what this means I hvent seen this on trouble shooting anywhere.

Thanks for the help

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Uno”

Sketch uses 29594 bytes (91%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.

Global variables use 1484 bytes (72%) of dynamic memory, leaving 564 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM3”: The system cannot find the file specified.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Close all windows, unplug the arduino, restart you computer, plug arduino back in, re-open the IDE, upload.

Yeah I tried that with the same result on a PC and also a Mac , I forgot to mention that the arudino is on com 4 yet it says :-: can't open device "\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

So select COM4 in the port menu!

the PC has that already selected , but then I get a error when I try to run the GRBL sketch >>

can't open device "\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

Thanks folks I appreciate your help , But I think I got it .Arduino software was saying Com 3 and the PC was on Com 4 so I change the PC port setting and it seems to have worked I was able to upload without any errors . THanks again :roll_eyes:

Help ,I can't remember if I set the steps for the driver before or after VRef or it doesn't make a difference ?

Thank you

Probably better to ask in the GBRL forum (If there is one). But it should not matter.

Ok thanks

Stepper motor question moved here.

If it is a driver shield then there are usually jumpers or dip switches or even solder bridges that need to be placed on the shield.

Preferable to do that FIRST before tweaking the current pot.

ok thanks

OK wait I think it doesn't really matter because the Tx/Rx communication between the shield and software lets the P.O.S.T. know how the config is on the shield and if whether or not GRBL is installed so I think that the main concern here is that the Vref is calibrated properly regardless of how many steps are set on the shield .

Thanks

That is almost all true.

However on some shields you must place the jumpers BEFORE you mount the driver sub boards.
That makes it a practical step more than a required step.
Either way I always find it better for simplicity reasons to set up the current with everything as it would be when used during actual running.

Ok Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.