error in compiling with SDFAT+Teensy

Hi, I just connect SDcard adaptor with Tennsy++ 2.0, and try to test some examples from SDFAT like QuickStart and SDinfo

but i got the same error with all of them:

/home/user/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../avr/lib/avr51/libc.a(malloc.o): In function `malloc':
/home/paul/avr-libc-1.6.4/avr/lib/avr51/../../../libc/stdlib/malloc.c:78: multiple definition of `malloc'
core.a(malloc.c.o):/home/user/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy/malloc.c:281: first defined here
/home/user/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../avr/bin/ld: Disabling relaxation: it will not work with multiple definitions
/home/user/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../avr/lib/avr51/libc.a(malloc.o): In function `free':
/home/paul/avr-libc-1.6.4/avr/lib/avr51/../../../libc/stdlib/malloc.c:195: multiple definition of `free'
core.a(malloc.c.o):/home/user/arduino-1.0.3/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy/malloc.c:281: first defined here

i am running fedora 18, latest AVR installed

avr-gcc-c++-4.7.2-1.fc18.i686
avr-binutils-2.23.1-1.fc18.i686
avr-libc-1.8.0-2.fc18.noarch
avr-gcc-4.7.2-1.fc18.i686

please advice, thanks

I think the SDfat library includes its own malloc and free because the earlier ones had bugs.

You could open the library folder, and if you see malloc.c in it, remove it. I'm not sure if you'll be left with the buggy version though. See this for more details:

Fixing String Crashes

thanks Nick, removing malloc.c from "arduino/hardware/teensy/cores/teensy/" solve the issue