Error in Example Code

Is there a specific place for reporting errors in tutorial code?

This is not a bug, but a misconception which needs to be corrected.

I'm playing around with shift registers, so I looked up the 74HC595 Arduino tutorial. In the third example code, the one using an array, the author sates that binary could not be input directly into code. This is wrong. Another quick search of the reference shows that you input binary by prefixing the digits with 'B'.

It's more portable to prefix the number with "0b" - the "B" prefix is Arduino-only, and limited to 8 bits.

sirius631:
Is there a specific place for reporting errors in tutorial code?

This is not a bug, but a misconception which needs to be corrected.

I'm playing around with shift registers, so I looked up the 74HC595 Arduino tutorial. In the third example code, the one using an array, the author sates that binary could not be input directly into code. This is wrong. Another quick search of the reference shows that you input binary by prefixing the digits with 'B'.

Can you post a link please?

I'd post a link if only the forum wouldn't foul up when I go to another page of the website to grab the link, thus falling foul of an apparent maximum number of logins. I must remember to grab the link before I login.

After days of trying, I've come to the conclusion that the Arduino.cc login doesn't work on IE11.

Anyway, back on topic. The link requested is here:

Report submitted: Incorrect documentation in ShiftOut Tutorial · Issue #2810 · arduino/Arduino · GitHub

Thanks, Nick.

I thought the Github site was for reporting errors in the main software, i.e., the Arduino IDE.

Cheers.

I don't have any way of fixing these things so I just report them.