Error in HX711 Weight Sensing Code

Hi All,

Forgive me for being a noob. I’m making a weight sensor project per : http://www.mschoeffler.de/2017/12/04/arduino-tutorial-hx711-load-cell-amplifier-weight-sensor-module-lcm1602-iic-v1-lcd/

and I keep getting this error message when trying to compile:

Arduino: 1.8.9 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Mega ADK”

D:\Arduino\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware -tools D:\Arduino\Arduino\tools-builder -tools D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -built-in-libraries D:\Arduino\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Users\ayoung.RI\Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=arduino:avr:megaADK -vid-pid=0X2341_0X0042 -ide-version=10809 -build-path C:\Users\ayoung.RI\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_28526 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\Users\ayoung.RI\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_22067 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA.path=D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.arduinoOTA-1.2.1.path=D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude.path=D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avrdude-6.3.0-arduino14.path=D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc.path=D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -prefs=runtime.tools.avr-gcc-5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2.path=D:\Arduino\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -verbose C:\Users\ayoung.RI\Documents\Arduino\WeightSensV2\WeightSensV2.ino
FindFirstFile C:\Users\ayoung.RI\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_22067: The system cannot find the file specified.

Error compiling for board Arduino Mega ADK.

My code is:

#include <HX711_ADC.h> // https://github.com/olkal/HX711_ADC
#include <Wire.h>
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h> // LiquidCrystal_I2C library
HX711_ADC LoadCell(4, 5); // parameters: dt pin, sck pin
LiquidCrystal_I2C lcd(0x27, 2, 1, 0, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, POSITIVE); // 0x27 is the i2c address of the LCM1602 IIC v1 module (might differ)
void setup() {
LoadCell.begin(); // start connection to HX711
LoadCell.start(2000); // load cells gets 2000ms of time to stabilize
LoadCell.setCalFactor(999.0); // calibration factor for load cell => strongly dependent on your individual setup
lcd.begin(16, 2); // begins connection to the LCD module
lcd.backlight(); // turns on the backlight
}
void loop() {
LoadCell.update(); // retrieves data from the load cell
float i = LoadCell.getData(); // get output value
lcd.setCursor(0, 0); // set cursor to first row
lcd.print(“Weight[g]:”); // print out to LCD
lcd.setCursor(0, 1); // set cursor to secon row
lcd.print(i); // print out the retrieved value to the second row

Thanks in advance

Try closing all Arduino IDE windows, restart the IDE, then try compiling again. That will clear the compilation cache and hopefully solve the error.