error in usb midi library example & software need drivers for Arduino pro micro

i have made a my own small midi keyboard using arduino pro micro.
that is working some time good . some time hanged step sequencer in my software FL studio.
like giving messege "not installed drivers for this device"
here, do i need to install drivers for Arduino pro micro Board (as midi device)????
if yes , where to get it. ?????

second issue is ,,,,
my own large code was being succesfully compiled & uploaded but
after few month usning Arduino & re-installed window7 to my pc , i am getting following error in following Library example sketch
example is

/*
 * MIDIUSB_test.ino
 * Created: 4/6/2015 10:47:08 AM
 * Author: gurbrinder grewal
 * Modified by Arduino LLC (2015)
 */ 

#include "MIDIUSB.h"

// First parameter is the event type (0x09 = note on, 0x08 = note off).
// Second parameter is note-on/note-off, combined with the channel.
// Channel can be anything between 0-15. Typically reported to the user as 1-16.
// Third parameter is the note number (48 = middle C).
// Fourth parameter is the velocity (64 = normal, 127 = fastest).

void noteOn(byte channel, byte pitch, byte velocity) {
  midiEventPacket_t noteOn = {0x09, 0x90 | channel, pitch, velocity};
  MidiUSB.sendMIDI(noteOn);
}

void noteOff(byte channel, byte pitch, byte velocity) {
  midiEventPacket_t noteOff = {0x08, 0x80 | channel, pitch, velocity};
  MidiUSB.sendMIDI(noteOff);
}

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
}

// First parameter is the event type (0x0B = control change).
// Second parameter is the event type, combined with the channel.
// Third parameter is the control number number (0-119).
// Fourth parameter is the control value (0-127).

void controlChange(byte channel, byte control, byte value) {
  midiEventPacket_t event = {0x0B, 0xB0 | channel, control, value};
  MidiUSB.sendMIDI(event);
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println("Sending note on");
  noteOn(0, 48, 64);   // Channel 0, middle C, normal velocity
  MidiUSB.flush();
  delay(500);
  Serial.println("Sending note off");
  noteOff(0, 48, 64);  // Channel 0, middle C, normal velocity
  MidiUSB.flush();
  delay(1500);

}

and error is

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 + Td: 1.43 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"
In file included from MIDIUSB_write.ino:9:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:14:2: error: #error MIDIUSB requires Arduino IDE 1.6.6 or greater. Please update your IDE.
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:80:2: error: #error "Unsupported architecture"
In file included from MIDIUSB_write.ino:9:
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:131: error: 'EndpointDescriptor' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:160: error: 'IADDescriptor' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:162: error: 'InterfaceDescriptor' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:166: error: 'InterfaceDescriptor' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:214: error: expected class-name before '{' token
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:219: error: 'EPTYPE_DESCRIPTOR_SIZE' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:228: error: 'USBSetup' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master\src/MIDIUSB.h:230: error: 'USBSetup' has not been declared

i downloaded this library from github.
what you think about above error and drivers issue

charnjit:

Arduino: 1.0.6 + Td: 1.43 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

MIDIUSB.h:14:2: error: #error MIDIUSB requires Arduino IDE 1.6.6 or greater. Please update your IDE.

I think the error message is pretty clear?

Why are you using a version of the IDE that's well over 6 years old? And more importantly, why are you using an operating system that reached end of support over a year ago? I can only hope it's not connected to the internet ...

AFAIK, you shouldn't have to install any drivers to be able to use the Arduino as a MIDI device, but you'll have to post the exact error you're getting.

Pieter

PieterP:

Why are you using a version of the IDE that's well over 6 years old? And more importantly, why are you using an operating system that reached end of support over a year ago? I can only hope it's not connected to the internet ...

AFAIK, you shouldn't have to install any drivers to be able to use the Arduino as a MIDI device, but you'll have to post the exact error you're getting.

Pieter

Thank for reply .
I will try latest version as your suggestion.
But I tested many code for this library & this old version 1 year before

PieterP:

Why are you using a version of the IDE that’s well over 6 years old? And more importantly, why are you using an operating system that reached end of support over a year ago? I can only hope it’s not connected to the internet …

AFAIK, you shouldn’t have to install any drivers to be able to use the Arduino as a MIDI device, but you’ll have to post the exact error you’re getting.

Pieter

now i checked on arduino 1.8.13
but i got this error

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

exec: "D:\\Software\\Arduino Kit\\All Setup s\\arduino-1.8.13\\hardware\\tools\\avr/bin/avr-g++": file does not exist

Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo.

option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Which Arduino version is compatible for USB midi library???

what i can do next here , for above error???,

1.8.13 is compatible with the MIDIUSB library.

The error you're getting is because there's a problem with your Arduino IDE installation, it has nothing to do with the MIDIUSB library.

Try reinstalling the AVR Core using the Boards manager. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the IDE. If that doesn't work, try a supported operating system.

i have used arduino 1.6.11 same usb midi library on same my current operating system
i was getting some large code uploaded without error

but why am getting now this error in example

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Leonardo"

Multiple libraries were found for "MIDIUSB.h"
 Used: C:\Users\acer\Documents\Arduino\libraries\MIDIUSB-master
 Not used: D:\Software\Arduino Kit\All     Setup  s\arduino-1.6.11\libraries\MIDIUSB-master
exec: "D:\\Software\\Arduino Kit\\All Setup s\\arduino-1.6.11\\tools-builder\\ctags\\5.8-arduino10/ctags": file does not exist

option enabled in File -> Preferences.

i think any file is missing in above error

"D:\\Software\\Arduino Kit\\All Setup s\\arduino-1.6.11\\tools-builder\\ctags\\5.8-arduino10/ctags": file does not exist

how to solve it without update my operating system

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.