Error linking objects [solved]

When compiling the example code ‘sweep’ in the arduino servo library, the following error occured.

yasith93's picture:

I don't have any experience with this Arduino Builder thing, but my understanding is it's ~6 years outdated and no longer maintained. Is there any particular reason you are using it instead of the Arduino IDE or arduino-cli? Have you checked to see whether the error still occurs when using the Arduino IDE or arduino-cli?

@yasith93

Please read this post first then you know how to add pictures and text properly.

That pic is not the normal "Arduino" IDE by the way.
I think it is an alternate IDE and you might want to ask HERE.
Not even sure they are still active as it was quite an old project.

You could be better off with the normal IDE

Bob.

Thanks for the reply. I'm using the normal arduino IDE. But when I'm trying to compile a program, it gives the following error shown in the image below.

very hard to read the error in that pic.

Could you copy paste it here and insert it on CODE TAGS ( </> )

Bob.

I downloaded and installed the Arduino IDE windows installer 1.8.9 from the arduino website. But when I try to compile a code it gives the error shown below. I re-downloaded it and re-installed it several times, but the error is still there. I checked the folder **C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino**, but arduino-builder.exe does not exist there. Next I downloaded the Windows ZIP file for non admin install. When I opened the zip file, it shows the arduino-builder.exe, but when I extract the zip file arduino-builder.exe is missing from the folder. And the IDE gives the same compile error.

processing.app.debug.RunnerException
	at cc.arduino.Compiler.callArduinoBuilder(Compiler.java:317)
	at cc.arduino.Compiler.loadPreferences(Compiler.java:216)
	at cc.arduino.Compiler.build(Compiler.java:175)
	at processing.app.SketchController.build(SketchController.java:664)
	at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:689)
	at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2070)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\arduino-builder": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
	at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
	at cc.arduino.Compiler.callArduinoBuilder(Compiler.java:297)
	... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(ProcessImpl.java:386)
	at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
	at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
	... 8 more

Thank you was having the same issue

yasith93:
Next I downloaded the Windows ZIP file for non admin install. When I opened the zip file, it shows the arduino-builder.exe, but when I extract the zip file arduino-builder.exe is missing from the folder

This sounds like the work of a bad antivirus program getting a false positive to me...

@DrAzzy

I deactivated the antivirus and it solved the issue. Thank you!