error-MakeItRobotics does not name a type.

so me and my father were trying to upload the line following data to the arduino uno R3 to my MakeItRobotics pcb and we encountered an error saying:

Heres what the sketch says:
#include <MakeItRobotics.h>//include library
MakeItRobotics line_following;//declare object.
then when i pressed upload, the little red bar or orang came up and it sayed:
‘MakeItRobotics’ does Not name a Type.
Can you plese help me out!? i am pretty sure we did everything correct!

Have you got the MakeItRobotics library installed ? If so where, and did you stop/start the IDE after installing it ?

This usually means that the library has either not been installed or it's installed in the wrong place. The angle brackets means you have that library loaded in the default include directory, which is usually off the root install directory, in the libraries subdirectory.

The angle brackets means you have that library loaded in the default include directory, which is usually off the root install directory, in the libraries subdirectory.

To me the angle brackets and the fact that the library is not part of the system but is user contributed means that the library folder should be in the libraries folder in the folder where sketches are saved by default. On Windows this is usually under the Documents folder such as C:\Users\Bob\Documents\Arduino\libraries.

Using this libraries folder ensures that when/if the Arduino installation is upgraded the user contributed libraries are still accessible.