Error Message _vector_52

Dear Arduino Community :smiley:

I'm working at a medium large project which includes programming a Multiplexer/Demultiplexer, split off in seperated transmitter and receiver device.

Well, this morning I wanted to compile my program and there suddenly appeared the following message:

c:/program files (x86)/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr6/crtm2560.o: In function __vector_default':** **(.vectors+0xd0): relocation truncated to fit: R_AVR_13_PCREL against symbol __vector_52' defined in .text.__vector_52 section in C:\Users\MUEHLE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build3485194179243685403.tmp/core.a(HardwareSerial2.cpp.o)

It's all Greek to me. Don't have any plan what to do now. Probably some memory overload? :astonished:
According to google, I seem to be the first programmer on this planet with this problem. I hope not....
Happy for any advice/idea!
Thank you.
Mc_Accident

What Arduino is it?

I just Googled:

relocation truncated to fit:

I got 132,000 results. So no, you aren't the first.

Hi Nick!

Thanks for your fast answer!
I use an Arduino Mega2560.

Your input was great, I was looking for the wrong parts of the error message. Now everything works on my order smiley-mr-green Mille Grazie!

I solved my problem by downloading the latest IDE. Copying other ld.exe 's in my folders etc.. didn't work. Now I'm really happy. smiley

Have a nice rest of the day and good luck programming your own stuff. smiley-draw
Bless you. smiley-cool

Tanti saluti,

Mc_Accident

PS: Just imagine the smileys.. haha.. bug..