ERROR-Message: avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or

HELLO I'm having a problem with understanding an error-message.

This is the error-message:

avrdude: no programmer has been specified on the command line or the config file * Specify a programmer using the -c option and try again*

I've already checked if i could upload a really simple code or a empty code, but this didn't work. I used the function "upload" and not "upload using programmer" In additon i already shuted down my laptop and i've tried to press the reset button before uploading and it still doesn't work.

If anyone could help me that would be great. Thank you techniclover

It could be a lot i can give you some thing to try out.

1. Check the serial converter which one you have. If u don't have the original Arduino you might need a different driver for the COM port. Install the right driver and try again.

2. Try a different COM port and/or different PC to check where the problem comes from.

(1. and 2. are useless if the board worked before)

1. Check if you got the right COM port selected in the IDE

2. Check the programm itself without uploading (just in case)

3. This helped me one time: plug in the board try the upload (if failed) reset board - deplug and replug the board reset again - deplug and replug again and try again to upload.

This seams weird and I still have no explanation why it worked for me but it's worth a try ;)

I hope one of those troubleshootings work for you. These are basic troubleshooting you can try with any board related error and not specific for your error-message.

Good luck ;)

Just in case, also check within the tools menu for the programmer option and make sure the right one is selected. In most cases that will be arduinoISP.

best, --Michael

Do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during > upload(check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After you get an error you’ll see a button “Copy error message” on the right side of the orange bar. Click that button and then paste it in a message here using code tags(</> button on the toolbar).