Error Message 'lineInput' was not declared in this scope Help

frustrated to the very end I am trying to make a simple scroll text matrix for my boyfriends costume and I found a matrix code that seemed to be perfect for what I wanted however I get this error message

exit status 1
‘lineInput’ was not declared in this scope

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? the matrix I have built uses ws2811 leds and its 5x16 so a total of 80 leds

ledmatrixcosply.ino (13.2 KB)

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

The code you attached does not contain a lineInput() function, hence the error. Do you have all of the libraries #included by the program ? Please post the full error message.

Hi,
Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Thanks… Tom… :slight_smile:

I do have the error message, I have all the files where I found the code from he has a webpage where he talks about the sign here is the error message I am seeing

In file included from C:\Users\Herobattousai\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_LEDSign-master (2).zip\LEDSign-master\LEDSign\LEDSign.ino:1:0:

C:\Users\Herobattousai\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TVout/ascii3x5.h:2:1: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant

0b10001000,

^

In file included from C:\Users\Herobattousai\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_LEDSign-master (2).zip\LEDSign-master\LEDSign\LEDSign.ino:5:0:

C:\Users\Herobattousai\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TVout/bitmap.h:1:1: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant

0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,0x00,

^

In file included from C:\Users\Herobattousai\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_LEDSign-master (2).zip\LEDSign-master\LEDSign\LEDSign.ino:11:0:

C:\Users\Herobattousai\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TVout/ascii3x5.h:2:1: error: expected unqualified-id before numeric constant

0b10001000,

^

In file included from C:\Users\Herobattousai\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_LEDSign-master (2).zip\LEDSign-master\LEDSign\LEDSign.ino:21:0:

C:\Users\Herobattousai\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel-master/Adafruit_NeoPixel.h:121:46: error: 'neoPixelType' has not been declared

Adafruit_NeoPixel(uint16_t n, uint8_t p=6, neoPixelType t=NEO_GRB + NEO_KHZ800);

^

C:\Users\Herobattousai\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel-master/Adafruit_NeoPixel.h:135:16: error: 'neoPixelType' has not been declared

updateType(neoPixelType t);

^

C:\Users\Herobattousai\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_LEDSign-master (2).zip\LEDSign-master\LEDSign\LEDSign.ino: In function 'void loop()':

LEDSign:218: error: 'lineInput' was not declared in this scope

msgLen = lineInput(message, MAXMSGLEN);

^

exit status 1
'lineInput' was not declared in this scope

I do have the error message, I have all the files where I found the code from he has a webpage where he talks about the sign

You have all the files but did you unzip them and where did you put them ?

Specifically, do you have LineInput.ino and if so, where is it located ?