Error message with Aruduino Nano

i've been trying a week to fix this. i see four led's on the board and one of them already blinks. i'm trying to get the led's (i've installed), and the ones on the board to light up. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

Sketch uses 1,066 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/cu.adminsiMac-Bluetooth-PD": Resource busy
ioctl("TIOCMGET"): Inappropriate ioctl for device
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

You've installed LEDs on the board ? Did you use pins 0 or 1 ?

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

A picture, a circuit diagram and a sketch is worth a thousand words and can save a thousand ill informed posts.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/cu.adminsiMac-Bluetooth-PD": Resource busy

This is a problem on your PC. Some other program is using the serial device. Perhaps you are using a serial terminal?

i'm working with an older mac. what would you suggest i do?

what would you suggest i do?

[facetious]Buy a Windows PC[/facetious]

More seriously, is there anything else that could be using the port ?

Looking at your picture:

I don’t see any GND or +5V wires connecting your power rails on the breadboard with your arduino or do you have “underground/underboard” wiring?

More seriously, is there anything else that could be using the port ?

Equally importantly, why is bluetooth anywhere in the port name? You aren't trying to program the board over bluetooth, are you?