#error MIDIUSB can only be used with an USB MCU.

I've been searching around google for a while and can't get any definitive answers on how to proceed. I'm trying to use the MIDIUSB library (https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/MIDIUSB) and when I attempt to compile it says "#error MIDIUSB can only be used with an USB MCU."

From what I can tell, it may be that I have to flash a new firmware onto the Arduino, or something that tricks it into thinking it's a different chip?

I'm using an UNO r3, but also have tried a Metro recently minted from Adafruit. Any guidance is appreciated!

In file included from /Users/jargon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MIDIUSB/examples/MIDIUSB_write/MIDIUSB_write.ino:9:0:
/Users/jargon/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MIDIUSB/src/MIDIUSB.h:16:2: error: #error MIDIUSB can only be used with an USB MCU.
 #error MIDIUSB can only be used with an USB MCU.
  ^
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

The top paragraph on the page you posted the URL of says:

These library allows any microcontroller with native USB capabilities (atmega32u4 based boards or ARM boards) to appear as a MIDI peripheral over USB to a connected computer.

The AtMega32U4 boards are the Leonardo and the Micro. The ARM boards include the Due.

The library is NOT for use on a Uno.

Amazing, thank you!