Error Msg

What does this error msg mean: avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0x20. I get this msg when I the first sketch listed in the Vilros Starter Kit Guide. Any guidance ? Thanks

What does this error msg mean: avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp = 0x20. I get this msg when I try to run the first sketch listed in the Vilros Starter Kit Guide. Any guidance ? Thanks

You might give us what board and version of the IDE you are using. I would also verify that you have the right board in the IDE and the Right Port etc.

1. This forum is about writing programs in C/C++. It is not about uploading programs. Try the "Getting started.trouble shooting" forum. But read the sticky there first!

2. Never crosspost or post the same question more than once.

Mark

I had a similar problem a long time ago and I don't remember exactly what I did to fix it (I'm old), but I think I installed new drivers. Go to your Arduino install directory, move to the Drivers subdirectory directory and read the readme.txt and see if something there might help.

@howardhickey, why did you double-post on this problem?
That’s not allowed here.

The original:-
Error Msg