Error "RFID does not name a type"

#include <SPI.h>
#include <RFID.h>

// other code here

#define SS_PIN 10
#define RST_PIN 9

RFID rfid(SS_PIN, RST_PIN); // Error

In the above mentioned code I get error “RFID does not name a type.”
Both header and implementation files are in same folder and are correct files.
Not sure what to do about this.

I am using RFID class from this source GitHub - miguelbalboa/rfid: Arduino RFID Library for MFRC522

Shouldn’t the RFID library files be in a folder in the libraries folder in order for the #include <RFID.h>to find them ?

Both header and implementation files are in same folder

But, you're not going to tell us where that folder is? All I can surmise, then, is that it is in the wrong place.

P1X3:

#include <SPI.h>

#include <RFID.h>

// other code here

#define SS_PIN 10
#define RST_PIN 9

RFID rfid(SS_PIN, RST_PIN); // Error

In the above mentioned code I get error "RFID does not name a type."
Not sure what to do about this.

I am using RFID class from this source https://github.com/miguelbalboa/rfid

i’m fairly new myself and had this same problem. you need to put RFID.h in the arduino libraries (SPI) folder. on my computer, that’s c:\program files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SPI\ i put the file there, uploaded and it’s reading my tags properly.

i'm fairly new myself and had this same problem. you need to put RFID.h in the arduino libraries (SPI) folder. on my computer, that's c:\program files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SPI\ i put the file there, uploaded and it's reading my tags properly.

User downloaded libraries do NOT go in the core libraries folder.
User downloaded libraries NEVER go in another library folder.

This advice is just plain wrong.

PaulS:

i'm fairly new myself and had this same problem. you need to put RFID.h in the arduino libraries (SPI) folder. on my computer, that's c:\program files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SPI\ i put the file there, uploaded and it's reading my tags properly.

User downloaded libraries do NOT go in the core libraries folder.
User downloaded libraries NEVER go in another library folder.

This advice is just plain wrong.

your final statement is not factual as i did not give advice, i simply told the guy what i did and that it worked. as i stated, i'm new and was just trying to let a guy what i did since he was not getting any help. nice of you to continue this trend by coming in and making statements about the placement of libraries without offering to help with the guy's original question.

am suffering from the same error.where can i found RFID.h liabrary???