error status 1

can someone help me with this error, i can't find the problem.

boolean uit = 0;
boolean aan = 1;
boolean leds[16] = {0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0, 0,0,0,0};

//______________________________________________________

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);

for( int i=0; i<16; i=i+1)
{
leds = aan;

• toon_leds(i);*
    _ leds = uit;_
    * }*
    * toon_leds(-1);
    _
    for( int i=0; i<16; i=i+1)_
    _
    {_
    _
    leds [15-i] = aan;_
    toon_leds(i);
    _
    leds [14-i] = uit;_
    _
    }_
    toon_leds(-1);
    _
    }_
    //_________________________________
    void toon_leds(int i)
    _
    {*

* Serial.print (" ");*
    * for( int j=0; j<16; j=j+1)*
    * {*
    * if (leds[j] == 0) Serial.print ("");
    _
    if (leds[j] == 1) Serial.print ("o");*

* }*
    * if( i>=0)*
    * {*
    * Serial.print(" i = ");*
    * Serial.print( i );*
    * }*
    * Serial.println();*
    }
    exit status 1
    Fout bij het compileren voor board Arduino/Genuino Uno

Probably something to do with the use of italics.

Please remember to use code tags when posting code

Click the button to copy all the contents of the output pane to clipboard, and paste that in here (use code tags, the </> button, to make it easy to read - you should also use that when posting code, so that the forum doesn't parse parts of your code as forum markup (in the code you posted above, some of the code got parsed as the bb code for italics, so it's not clear what the code you intended to post was - that's why you should use code tags).

"exit status 1" is the end of the output for every compile error (the compiler prints output, including errors, warnings, etc, and if a given command fails, it signals the IDE that it was a failure by returning status 1, instead of status 0 (successful) - so any error will end in the IDE reporting that the compiler returned exit status 1). The actual error was printed above it, but by default the console part of the window is so small it only shows a couple of lines, so you have to scroll up to see the error - the error message will generally show the line the problem occurred on (or the line where the compiler first realized there was a problem, which may be after the actual problem), as well as a terse and technical description of the error; you may be able to figure it out from that without asking us. Admittedly, some of the error are less than helpful for people new to c who haven't learned what the weirder error phrases mean.

Ctrl+T will autoformat your code; this is very useful for catching problems with mismatched/incorrectly placed {}'s

Where's your loop()? You must have loop().