Error uploading firmware to Sanguinololu Rev 1.3a w/ ATMEGA644P

Hello,

Like the tite says I have an ATMega644P on my Sanguinololu 1.3. I am using arduino-0023 and am trying to upload sprinter. I have the correct board and serial port selected in Arduino.

Below is the error I get

avrdude: stk500_paged_write(): (a) protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x64
avrdude: failed to write flash memory, rc=-4
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

I have been running in circles for the last week and a half trying to get this thing to work. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

I don't think it has anything to do with Sprinter, because under Arduino 0023 I can't even get it to "Blink" under the examples folder. I get the same errors.

Is the auto reset jumper on the board? it goes in between the atmega and the drivers. if it is not installed you will get that error. if it is, then that error usually means something has happened to the FTDI chip.

That was the response I got from the guy who I bought the board from. I checked to make sure I have the auto reset jumper on the board and I do. Does that sound like it could be what's causing that error code? What could be wrong with the FTDI chip?

You guys are real good, thanks for all the help. :roll_eyes:

What's a "Sanguinololu 1.3"? How'd you get it to appear in the Board list? What is Sprinter?

Did you try a loopback test to see if the FTDI chip is working? http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=73748.0