Can't upload sketches to Arduino Boards?
Getting stk 500, sync errors?
Sometimes, the bootloader of the chip that comes with Arduino Boards can also get corrupted, and this can be a reason you are getting errors while uploading sketches to it.
- You need to know there are two kind of chips(atmega microcontrollers): Bootloaded and Not bootloaded.
- Chip that comes with Arduino Boards are bootloaded and if you buy (only) a chip, than it isn't bootloaded.
- You can successfully upload a sketch only to a bootloaded a chip. Means you can't directly upload a code to the chip you buy from the market.
So how to bootload?
-You need to have a bootloaded chip.
-You can use an Arduino Board for this as it comes with a bootloaded chip.
There are again two ways to bootload using an Arduino Board:
- Using an external circuit on a breadboard
- Using another Arduino Board
Basically, both the methods involve the same concept, but using another Arduino Board would be more easy.
What I have learned from the above two methods is that I was not able to bootload using the first option. I would advice you to look for an another arduino board, carefully remove the bootloaded chip and place the chip you want to bootload.
Check the below links for reference: