Error uploading to arduino uno

Hello, I have recently created a new project for my Arduino Uno board. whenever I try uploading it, I get the message below.

Arduino: 1.6.7 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Uno”

"Sketch uses 1,528 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 29 bytes (1%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,019 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM1”: The system cannot find the file specified.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
enabled in File > Preferences."

I have already tried the Arduino troubleshooting site, and since that didn’t help, I’d prefer a straightforward answer to my problem.
Please respond if you know what to do!

Is the UNO detected in 'Device Manager'?
Do you have the correct port selected in the Arduino IDE? (Same as the one listed in 'Device Manager'.)
Was it previously working, or is this your first ever attempt at connecting and uploading a sketch?
Is it a genuine Arduino/Genuino UNO, or a clone? I just noticed that you stated it's genuine.

Is the port visible in the IDE, not dimmed? Check out the device manager, if the port has installed driver and if it works correctly. Also, could be caused insufficiency of privileges to the port device or port is locked by another application.