Error when compiling BOSSA

Hello,
I've been trying to compile the BOSSA bootloader software and have not been able to resolve an issue with the wx Widget install.

Then, I 'git clone' the repository but when I 'make' it give me this error:

PS C:\BOSSA\BOSSA-master> make
'uname' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, wx-config --cxxflags --version=3.0, ...) failed.
make: Makefile:198: pipe: Bad file descriptor
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, wx-config --libs --version=3.0, ...) failed.
make: Makefile:215: pipe: Bad file descriptor
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
CPP BOSSA src/BossaForm.cpp
In file included from src/BossaForm.cpp:8:
src/BossaForm.h:11:10: fatal error: wx/artprov.h: No such file or directory
 #include <wx/artprov.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make: *** [Makefile:260: obj/BossaForm.o] Error 1
PS C:\BOSSA\BOSSA-master>

I have tried other forks, but the error is (almost) the same "src/BossaForm.h:11:10: fatal error: wx/artprov.h: No such file or directory", sometimes the error changes to the file wx/bitmap.h.

I believe that I have not installed properly wx or the enviromental variables are not properly set, but I have no idea how to resolve it.

I would appreciate if anyone can throw me a life line into resolving this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio

'uname' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

is a giveaway that the makefiles are meant for Linux or other Unix-like OS, not windows. uname gives information about the operating system on those OS's.

Thank you for your response!

So I take from your answer that I cannot compile it on Windows.

Since I'm trying to produce an EXE, is there an easy way to compile from gcc on Linux and produce an EXE file? (I've tried compiling in Linux and it works, but I assume that the file produced is not meant to be run on Windows.

Thanks in advance,
Mauricio

Hmm...

Judging by the makefile, it looks like you need MINGW32 set up to compile on/for windows - that's something that provides a bunch of unix-like tools on windows. I don't know much about it beyond that, though

You might want to ask the author what is required for the windows build environment? That seems like a glaring deficiency in the readme....

Thank you DrAzzy, I will try that.