error when i try to load program for TFT shield

HI, I am getting this error when i try to load an example that come with my shield:

In file included from tftbmp.pde:16: TFTLCD.h:95: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void TFTLCD::write(uint8_t)' C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Print.h:48: error: overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'

can anyone help me fix it please?

Please do not cross-post. Other topic deleted. Replies go here.

OK, I made a mistake this is my first post. can you please help?

Which shield, where did you get the script, library??

i got the shield of ebay. from techhighway and it came with a library on a cd. called UNO 2.6TFT. it is almost the same as the arduifruit library. It is also a touch screen.

This is a community forum - people will try to help you if they can. However, if you make it easier for them by providing links to the item you are having problems with then you are likely to get a better response.

this is were i bought it from: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-6-TFT-LCD-Shield-With-Touch-Screen-SD-Card-Socket-For-Arduino-UNO-Board-Modlu-/181260067646?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a33f1233e

I can not give you the library because it is not on the internet, I could send someone an e-mail.

I have fixed the problem, it was made on an erlier version of the arduino IDE Version 0.22

Hi Which library do you use ? I have the same lcd as yours. Many thanks

I used the library that came with it on a cd. If you do not have it I can send you an email.

the driver chip is 0x9120.

You have to run it in the IDE 0.23 or lower.

My seller did not send the library or give info. about the IC. driver although on the advertisement he said he would. I am very much appreciate if you can email the library to : sinh999@gmail.com Many thanks.

Hi

I have same display but it comes from other ebay seller. He sent me some code, but after compiling samples and fixing errors, i don’t see anything on display, and i get this message on monitor “unknown driver chip 5408” What does that mean?

Could you send me your libraries and samples? mi email d.bilbao (at) gmail (dot) com

thanks in advance.

This means that you need to change the driver chip from:

if (identifier == 0x9325) {
    Serial.println("Found ILI9325");
  }

to:

if (identifier == 0x5408) {
    Serial.println("Found ILI5408");
  }

lew74: I have fixed the problem, it was made on an erlier version of the arduino IDE Version 0.22

May I know how you fix it?

I am currently running the library has no problem with IDE 0.22, but I have your problem with latest Arduino 1.6.5.