error when i try to upload blink...

I'm so desappointed. I transfert all my sketch from codebender, resolve the issue of the day, with reinstall plugin, and now, my UNO is link to the PC, but it's impossible to upload any sketch.

I try with blink, and i have just: error...

Could you help me?

with the screen…

Hi chopart

When using CREATE the online editor its is good to have some information.
I am referring you HERE so you know what we need in order to help better.

Hopefully you can provide some more info.

We absolutely need to know your OS, Browser and the complete Output of your sketch in order to give you some support. Thanks

when im trying to upload "blimk" for the 2nd time..it's showing me an error like "protocol error"...what am i supposed to do now????:((((

I have a problem when i want to test the web editor. I come from codebender, and now i want to try arduino web editor.

Could you help me please?

Windows 10 pro x 64
Version 60.0.3112.101 (Build officiel) (64 bits)
official arduino uno smd edition
arduino 1.05_r2 work very well, and other ide too

when i verify the sketch "blink", i have this message:

//

arduino-builder/arduino-builder -compile -core-api-version 10611 -build-path /tmp/500344443 -hardware arduino-builder/hardware -hardware arduino-builder/packages/cores -tools arduino-builder/tools -tools arduino-builder/packages/tools -built-in-libraries arduino-builder/latest -libraries /tmp/993867404/pinned -libraries /tmp/993867404/custom -fqbn arduino:avr:unowifi -build-cache /tmp -verbose=false /tmp/993867404/blink

Property line '/*' in file /tmp/993867404/custom/Adafruit-GFX-Library/library.properties is invalid

//

So i am still very disappointed...

aadhyachukkala

Please include the much needed information mentioned in this post

Without it there is little chance to really help.

I post a new message, with all the informations.

I just buy 2 official UNO, the problem is the same...

Well first of all the "BLINK" example does not use the adafruit library.

Here is the standard blink example.

/*
  Blink

Turns an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

Most Arduinos have an on-board LED you can control. On the UNO, MEGA and ZERO
  it is attached to digital pin 13, on MKR1000 on pin 6. LED_BUILTIN is set to
  the correct LED pin independent of which board is used.
  If you want to know what pin the on-board LED is connected to on your Arduino
  model, check the Technical Specs of your board at:
  https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Products

modified 8 May 2014
  by Scott Fitzgerald
  modified 2 Sep 2016
  by Arturo Guadalupi
  modified 8 Sep 2016
  by Colby Newman

This example code is in the public domain.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/Blink
*/

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
  // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
  pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop() {
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH);   // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);    // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW
  delay(1000);                       // wait for a second
}

So without knowing exactly which sketch you are using and a schematic of how you have things wired up it will be difficult to provide much help.

chopart

You are posting all over the places and I will not chase you around the forum to provide answers.
Nor did you provide all the needed information elsewhere.

Ok Sorry.

I know blink don't use Adafruit librairies, i'm not stupid... but here is the error message...

I don't understand why.

chopart

You need to step back and catch your breath a little.

The mod kindly merged your posts to make it a little easier to follow.
Best not to rush into posting things without reading and making sure its what you mean and has the needed information for the other people to be able to re-create or see what is happening at your end.

That link I gave you about how to use this section of the forum is important and tells you how to post and what things people will want to see. Please don't dismiss it.

Maybe lets start from the beginning again is you wish.

I tried to uplod blink on my arduino board on 3 PC, always the same problem.

May be it's come from my profil, i really don't understand

Sorry chopart but I am out as there is so much information missing despite at least three requests.

I love to help people but they heave to want the help and need to give information to let me help.

In parting I will say that if its not working on 3 different computers then I suspect an operator error in the installations on those computers or a broken board.
Thats about the best I can give with the limited information available.

Hope you get some good luck sorting it out.

I read the guide in order to give the information about a failure. I answer each line and each question. What do you need more? A broken board? I don't think. I used and try clone, offical, and redboard. Since 4 years. And they still work with codebender, or regular editor.
I'm still very disappointed by the editor...

If an "official" board works with other IDE's then its down to an installation error.
Usually caused by the user or thier computer set up.

Having done multiple installations on multiple windows platforms repeatedly I can only assume you missed a vital step somewhere but in all the haste you may have forgotten what that was.

You gave seemingly random bits of information, some of them irellevant to the original issue you reported.
There were multiple posts around the forum with that same random theme. I even responded to your PM by asking you to slow down step back and start again.

Personally I am exceptionally happy with CREATE and some of the features it offers over and above those by the regular IDE.

It takes a long time (maybe an hour) to download the editor´s drivers and you have to check that your OS is not blocking then. If you don't wait enough (it never tells you he's done) it doesn't work.

@juanneuman

Good point but it does not take an hour.
Quite often the drivers are installed “as needed”.
That means that if you don’t have any boards plugged in they wont be installed but are already downloaded.

However if you plug in a board a little later then the drivers for that board are installed.
The same thing occurs if you change to another board or there is a COM port change to a board.