error when trying to copy/cut/paste

I am using Arduino 0010 under Win XP and whenever I try to copy/cut/paste any text I get the following error(s) The weird thing is that it was working fine until yesterday and I have no idea what I might have installed that would screw it up. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks, Josh

(This is a grab from Run.bat)

Stable Library

Native lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7 Java lib Version = RXTX-2.1-7

sun.misc.ServiceConfigurationError: java.nio.charset.spi.CharsetProvider: : java .util.zip.ZipException: Access is denied at sun.misc.Service.fail(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Service.parse(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Service.access$100(Unknown Source) at sun.misc.Service$LazyIterator.hasNext(Unknown Source) at java.nio.charset.Charset$1.getNext(Unknown Source) at java.nio.charset.Charset$1.hasNext(Unknown Source) at java.nio.charset.Charset$2.run(Unknown Source) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at java.nio.charset.Charset.lookupViaProviders(Unknown Source) at java.nio.charset.Charset.lookup2(Unknown Source) at java.nio.charset.Charset.lookup(Unknown Source) at java.nio.charset.Charset.isSupported(Unknown Source) at java.lang.StringCoding.lookupCharset(Unknown Source) at java.lang.StringCoding.encode(Unknown Source) at java.lang.String.getBytes(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.isEncodingSupported(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.isFlavorCharsetTextType(Unknown Source) at java.awt.datatransfer.DataFlavor.isFlavorTextType(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.getFormatsForFlavors(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.windows.WDataTransferer.getFormatsForFlavors(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.datatransfer.DataTransferer.getFormatsForTransferable(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.windows.WClipboard.setContentsNative(Unknown Source) at sun.awt.datatransfer.SunClipboard.setContents(Unknown Source) at processing.app.syntax.JEditTextArea.copy(JEditTextArea.java:1577) at processing.app.Editor$TextAreaPopup$2.actionPerformed(Editor.java:2357) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Weird.

It sounds like the problem happens when trying to read a .zip or .jar file that contains information about a character set. Did you install any updates to Java recently? Or other programs that may modified your Java setup? In your run.bat, what is JAVA_HOME set to?

Weird indeed! It is new laptop so unfortunately I have been installing things right and left, but I don't remember the exact order.

It is definitely a java problem. I tried installing Arduino 009 and the exact same results. I did try uninstalling and re-installing java with no change. The even weirder part is that the Arduino program ran when I though I had uninstalled java. My run.bat has the following: set JAVA_HOME="java\bin" which looks correct.

I am going to try the uninstall/reinstall route again I guess.

Thanks, Josh

Hmm... Arduino includes Java. I'd try using the run.bat, since the arduino.exe may grab some stuff from other Java installations on your machine. Are you running as an Administrator? Did you unzip everything as the same user that you're running as? Any disk corruption?

Or maybe you installed some zipping / unzipping software that has a process running in the background that is interfering with the Arduino environment ??

Well the good news is that the error went away. The bad news is I don't know what I did to fix it!

I was having trouble with the distributed transaction service (MS-DTC) which I resolved, so perhaps that fixed it? I am not sure that was it since I wasted 2 days figuring that out and did not think to try the Arduino software right away (too busy cursing into my beer).

Either way I am back to hacking!

Thanks, Josh