Error when uploading: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Hello!

I am running into error "“avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00” all the time when uploading a scetch.
The device is brand new, just unpacked from box, led is flashing with preloaded code and the board seems not to be damaged.
Browsed forum and tried all sort of pressing reset when uploading etc, but no luck so far.
Turned up verbose in setting and attached the log, in hopes someone could pinpoint me what am I doing wrong here.

My rig:
Board- Arudino Uno rev3, Atmega328P-PU
My OS- Win7 64-bit
Connected via USB as Com1.
Using AVRISP mkII programmer.

This is my first try with arduino so far, ATM feeling quite lost. :sweat_smile:

scetch.log (15.3 KB)

I might be having the same problem, when I try to upload stuff to my board. It says, "serial port COM1 not found". I have tried clicking on tools/serial port to chose a new one but it wont let me. Even though it doesn't work for me it might for you. ]:D

Mkey, my trouble seems to be resolved. After obtaining a different PC to try to connect the board, all went good. Seems that my serial to usb coverter made the mess there. Feeling very embarased that missed the 1.st sticky post with loopback test, would have saved me the trouble. :blush:

I am getting the same error message, and don't know what I am doing wrong. Swapping PCs in not an option, because I was unable to install driver software on my windows 7 PC. Don't know what do do. =(

@Oberling I bet the trouble is pc side, same as had it here.

Try the loopback test and/or just find a friend and plug board in his/her pc. If it works then just start to pick apart what settings on your pc might mess things. ;)

P.S. check if cable is working aswell, mby you have just bad usb cable.