Error while flashing code in ESP8266 01 module using serial converter

Hi,

This is the first time I am using ESP8266 01 board. I tried uploading the following code in ESP8266 board via serial converter module using Arduino IDE.

void setup() {

• // initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.*
  • pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);*
    }
    // the loop function runs over and over again forever
    void loop() {
  • digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)*
  • delay(1000); // wait for a second*
  • digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW); // turn the LED off by making the voltage LOW*
  • delay(1000); // wait for a second*
    }

Carefully selected the port number ensuring the port number in device manager in PC. Updated the tools option in Arduino IDE like this image below.

Connected a Jumper from Ground pin to GPIO2 pin ESP8266 module to enter into programming mode. Now, I tried uploading the code.

Code shows, "Done uploading" and the following error after showing 100% writing at memory location.

Leaving....
Hard resetting via RTS pin..

Kindly let me your thoughts.

britto:
Code shows, "Done uploading" and the following error after showing 100% writing at memory location.

Leaving....
Hard resetting via RTS pin..

That's not an error. That's a just normal part of the output from the upload. When there's an error it will almost always say "Error", that's your clue.

Carry on.

britto:
Connected a Jumper from Ground pin to GPIO2

Are you sure you're not using GPIO 0 instead of GPIO 2? If you connected GPIO 2 to ground, then you're shorting it and might destroy it.

Pieter

Are you sure you're not using GPIO 0 instead of GPIO 2? If you connected GPIO 2 to ground, then you're shorting it and might destroy it.

Pieter

Hi pieter,

it is typo error. The pin I have connected is GPIO 0.

Hi pert,

the sketch got uploaded successfully with the "resetting via RTS pin" , but i did not get any state change in LED.

I see nothing, when I open serial monitor. (I tried printing "hello", in serial monitor). the baud rate (115200 & 9600) i tired both, nothing seems to work.

britto:
the sketch got uploaded successfully with the "resetting via RTS pin" , but i did not get any state change in LED.

I see nothing, when I open serial monitor. (I tried printing "hello", in serial monitor). the baud rate (115200 & 9600) i tired both, nothing seems to work.

Did you remove the jumper again?

Try removing it, and resetting the chip.

britto:
Hi pert,

you print nothing to Serial Monitor and the LED_BUILTIN can be a wrong pin number for your board

Pieter,

Did you remove the jumper again?

Try removing it, and resetting the chip.

Yes, I did remove the jumper once the code is flashed and did hardware rest(disconnected the power) and connected with the USB converter again. No response.

Juraj,

you print nothing to Serial Monitor and the LED_BUILTIN can be a wrong pin number for your board.

I uploaded a code, printing "Hello" in serial monitor (in all baud rates). In that also, the code got uploaded successfully, but i didn't see anything in serial monitor. This is what I meant.

regrading the LED_BUILTIN case, this might be correct. and I tried using all the pins and still no response. this is the reason of trying "Hello" printing code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

britto:
Juraj,

you print nothing to Serial Monitor and the LED_BUILTIN can be a wrong pin number for your board.

I uploaded a code, printing "Hello" in serial monitor (in all baud rates). In that also, the code got uploaded successfully, but i didn't see anything in serial monitor. This is what I meant.

regrading the LED_BUILTIN case, this might be correct. and I tried using all the pins and still no response. this is the reason of trying "Hello" printing code.

Any help would be much appreciated.

does it print t in loop or only right after Serial.begin()?