error with library "IRreceiver.h"

I am studying a new project. I need to use the library "IRreceiver.h" but, for Arduino, it does not exist (or so I think - it always gives me the message "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno). I find the same problem in other commands such as

#include <RobotIRremote.h>
#include <RobotIRremoteInt.h>
#include <RobotIRremoteTools.h>
. It hasn't got errors with other libraries such as Keyboard.h. What should I do?

Pc with Windows 10 v. 1607
regular install from the browser

(deleted)

What is that? No, I think not.

(deleted)

When you encounter an error you'll see a button on the right side of the orange bar "Copy error messages". Click that button. Paste the error in a message here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

If you don't have an official Arduino robot, delete all that robot crap from your installation of the IDE. It will cause you move grief in the future.

PaulS:
If you don't have an official Arduino robot, delete all that robot crap from your installation of the IDE. It will cause you move grief in the future.

Actually after many years of pain and suffering they finally fixed the conflict with the IRremote library issue:
https://github.com/arduino-libraries/RobotIRremote/commit/e21d7283cd693c1d3829b91c3987b603b21e5ca9
The updated version of the library is bundled with Arduino IDE 1.8.4 or you can update via Library Manager if using an older IDE version.

speedylearner:
it always gives me the message "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno). I find the same problem in other commands such as

The RobotIRremote library contains code specifically written for the ATmeag32U4 based Arduino Robot board. It won't work for Uno without modification. You need to understand there are an infinite number of causes you could get "Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno". Likely the cause of your IRreceiver.h error was completely different from your RobotIRremote error. You need to actually look at the output in the black console window at the bottom of the Arduino IDE window to see the real error message.

<Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to

^

Multiple libraries were found for "IRremote.h"
Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\IRreceiver
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

didn't work anything...

Is C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino your Arduino IDE installation folder? It looks like you've been installing libraries to that location, including an outdated version of RobotIRremote, which is the cause of your problem. You should never install anything to the Arduino IDE installation folder. Instead, install libraries to the libraries subfolder of your sketchbook folder (File > Preferences > Sketchbook location).

You will need to delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote. Please be very careful when deleting things from your computer. When in doubt back up!

sorry, but the error remains...

In which case you must provide the updated error message.

<Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote\src\IRremoteTools.cpp:5:16: error: 'TKD2' was not declared in this scope

int RECV_PIN = TKD2; // the pin the IR receiver is connected to

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

From the error:

speedylearner:

it's obvious you did not follow my instructions:

pert:
You will need to delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote.

It looks like you deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\IRreceiver for some reason. So now you need to:

• Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote.
  • Install the IRreceiver library again. Install it to the libraries subfolder of your sketchbook folder this time.

pert:
From the error:it's obvious you did not follow my instructions:It looks like you deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\IRreceiver for some reason. So now you need to:

• Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\RobotIRremote.
  • Install the IRreceiver library again. Install it to the libraries subfolder of your sketchbook folder this time.

I did.

In that case you did put the wrong (same) one back; please remove it again. Use GitHub - Arduino-IRremote/Arduino-IRremote: Infrared remote library for Arduino: send and receive infrared signals with multiple protocols and if you manually install it, install it in C:\Users\yourUsername\Documents\Arduino\libraries\

If you use sketch -> include library -> manage libraries, search for IRremote; the author is Ken Shirriff.

speedylearner:
I did.

And what happened? You're making it extremely difficult to help you. We're unnecessarily spending a bunch of time trying to help you and you won't even take the time to write more than a two word response. Talk about lazy. If this is the best you can do then Arduino is probably not going to work out for you.

I am just trying and retrying many solutions, disinstalling and reinstalling, trying to get the code to work... I don't know why it is showing me this error, but I need a solution or else I can't use a remote controller for robots or other things. It's not been really easy to search for solutions, to try and retry, and to disinstall and reinstall libraries with a bad connection and other error which I fixed.

Back when the Arduino company sold a robot platform they included three libraries for it. One of those libraries is a copy of the IRremote library that was changed to use the non-standard pin names used on the RobotControl board. Installing the normal IRremote library should fix the problem. Select Sketch->Include Library->Manage Libraries... and put IRremote in the 'Filter your search...' field. Click on "IRremote by shirriff" and then the "Install" button that appears.

Unless you have the (discontinued) Arduino Robot your sketch should not contain these three lines. Use only:

#include <IRremote.h>

. It hasn't got errors with other libraries such as Keyboard.h. What should I do?

Thanks, but it says to me that there is already that library. However, there isn't!