Error With SD Library

I followed a simple tutorial on how to make an image slideshow with an ILI9341 TFT LCD using an ESP32 (Video Link). I’m using the same hardware and used the code provided but when I go to compile I get the following error and I don’t know what it means.

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 10), TD: 1.53, Board: "Node32s, 80MHz, 921600"

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src/utility/Sd2Card.h:26:0,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src/utility/SdFat.h:29,

from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src/SD.h:20,

from C:\Users\coffe\Dropbox\Projects\Arduino\Codes\TinyFrame\TinyFrame.ino:23:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD\src/utility/Sd2PinMap.h:524:2: error: #error Architecture or board not supported.

#error Architecture or board not supported.

^

exit status 1

Error compiling for board Node32s.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

I’m able to successfully compile the Blink sketch and even the examples in TSP_eSPI. I’ve provided the .ino file incase anyway wants to look at it.

TinyFrame.ino (9.55 KB)

Architecture or board not supported Seems pretty clear to me.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:

Architecture or board not supported

Seems pretty clear to me.

Except this is the same code used on the same board by someone else. Also doesn't matter which board I set, it still gives the same error. Even if it's as simple as the error says, I don't understand why I'm getting the error when I'm using the same board and code as the tutorial, I'm not even uploading, just compiling. Thanks anyway, perhaps someone with more knowledge may have an idea as to why this is happening.

Please provide a detailed description of the process you followed to install support for the Node32s board in the Arduino IDE.

The standard installation of the ESP32 boards platform comes with a bundled version of the SD library that is specifically designed for the ESP32. But I can see that library is not being used. Instead, the standard version that comes with the Arduino IDE, located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD is being used. As the error message indicated, that version of the SD library is not compatible with the ESP32.

So what I had done before is delete some SD folders because it said I had multiple ones and it was giving me a very complicated error. I uninstalled the ESP32 library and re-installed using esp32 by espressif systems. Now I get the following error again. I attached a .txt file because character length won’t let me post it here.

arduinoerror.txt (10.1 KB)

coffeeowl88:
So what I had done before is delete some SD folders because it said I had multiple ones

That "Multiple libraries were found for..." informational message is normal and expected in this situation. This is an intentional feature of the Arduino IDE, where you can have multiple versions of a library installed, which are chosen by the builder in a well-defined order of precedence. It's not an error or a warning. It's only the Arduino IDE providing some information that can be useful in certain situations. As long as the correct library is being used, which it was in this case, you can safely ignore that message.

Please tell us how you installed the JPEGDecoder library.

pert:
That “Multiple libraries were found for…” informational message is normal and expected in this situation. This is an intentional feature of the Arduino IDE, where you can have multiple versions of a library installed, which are chosen by the builder in a well-defined order of precedence. It’s not an error or a warning. It’s only the Arduino IDE providing some information that can be useful in certain situations. As long as the correct library is being used, which it was in this case, you can safely ignore that message.

Please tell us how you installed the JPEGDecoder library.

Thank you for that information, I learned something new. I downloaded the zip file from the tutorial and used the “add .zip library”. I just went to check my installed libraries and saw that the jpegdecoder library never installed so I installed via the manager and it finally compiled with no errors! Thank you so much for your help and time!

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Enjoy!
Per